***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
That includes the "hard times" at the end of the season with Tyrese hurt, Bolton hurt, and Nixon taking like 30 shots per game or whatever it was.

I do not remember that last McD team having significant injuries -- the early departure of Lucca Staiger is on the coach, not some sort of bad luck.

Give me a healthy Tyrese and Bolton and tell Nixon the wrong day to show up for the game, and I would take the Prohm team. The McD team had more talent, but zero cohesion on offense, and I trust Tyrese to go out and win it in a cripple fight.

*you had ******* Craig Brackins, Marquis Gilstrap, Diante Garrett, three excellent shooters in Staiger, Thug Life, and Big Silky, and a future NBA guy in Justin Hamilton and you STILL managed to make a ****** offense, HOW!!???!
A player leaving midseason is bad luck, and certainly would be used as such for Prohm. We still have many here using Wigginton and THT’s expected departures as bad luck.

Frankly, if you recall the McD years, like Prohm, the narrative in justifying his W-L was all about the bad luck. He even had JP go on a transfer rant! Worse than penning a letter about too high of expectations?

Nevertheless, that year Scotty had mono, JVB injured, and Lucca bailed. Kind of like next year, he just didn’t have enough two-way guards and defense was an issue.

MJN

Aug 13, 2011
Urbandale
In regards to Prohm. Do people realize his buyout? I think it's 4 million after this year. So hypothetical if Jamie wanted Otz (which was who he potentially wanted after Fred but Plane Crasher veto'd) that's about another 4 million. Lotta of money. Jamie in a way is to blame for the current situation giving the extension after 19'. Given this whole Covid situation and loss of revenue it's probably not looking promising that any action would be done if another bad season ensues. So unless someone on this board got a stimulus check big enough for the buy out it's not happening...right or wrong it's a real possibility. Prohm probably get's 2 years and at that point if nothing positive happens he'll get canned.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
In regards to Prohm. Do people realize his buyout? I think it's 4 million after this year. So hypothetical if Jamie wanted Otz (which was who he potentially wanted after Fred but Plane Crasher veto'd) that's about another 4 million. Lotta of money. Jamie in a way is to blame for the current situation giving the extension after 19'. Given this whole Covid situation and loss of revenue it's probably not looking promising that any action would be done if another bad season ensues. So unless someone on this board got a stimulus check big enough for the buy out it's not happening...right or wrong it's a real possibility. Prohm probably get's 2 years and at that point if nothing positive happens he'll get canned.

Nope. Nobody had considered his buyout until now.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

The big donors will pony up just like they would have when Fred left. Sukup needs another facility named after him anyways

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I lived Northfield, MN for awhile and I played on better pick-up teams at Beyer than what Carleton suits up. It's nothing short of a miracle that Gillepsie was allowed to walk-on at Baylor.

Cant teach 7”0 and a motor.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Ozier is all ours. Just like we drew it up
The Ozier situation is setting up to be win-win for ******** posters. He picks Iowa St- "this is the best we can get? He's terrible!" He doesn't come to Iowa St- "Oh my God, we can't even get this guy over Sacred Heart and Cal St N. Ridge. "

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Love how posters clamor to know if Iowa St offered just so they can add to the hypothetical 0-fer number....
Do you love it as much as you love being wrong and an asshat? Nice try though!

Let me repeat:

The waiting sucks, but you realize 1-50 still gets the job done as long as that 1 is a good one!

Don’t count the offers that go elsewhere. If you want to count bad things, count the misses we signed. No Beverlys so far!

The good news is you can miss 100 times, as long as you get what you need. There’s still time.

And I’ll repeat my interest in the So Carolina transfer, who I thought could help but didn’t know if we were even currently recruiting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron