Offense > Defense

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
how many tranfers and millions of dollars did you see in the past? ,never happened
You don't think players got paid?

Even if you're that ignorant, were you OK with the scholarship?

That's a financial incentive to start.

TV? Fan attendance? Sponsored bowls?

It was always about money.

Transfers...so Tinsley, Cato, Willoughby, Seneca, and a whole bunch of others...never happened?

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Which incoming freshman could have the largest impact on our offense between Pierce and Indrusitus?

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Truly for the life of me still dont understand why we kept running the double at Domask when he was trying to back down Lipsey. LET HIM! Lipsey is one of the best defensive players in the country. If Domask makes a 12 foot turnaround jumper over Lipsey you tip your cap and tell him you will give him the exact same shot next time down the floor.

Under no circumstance should we have been leaving the 3rd leading scorer in the entire country. You have to make them play left-handed and do everything in your power to take away Shannon. Love our staff but that was a head scratcher.

Yeah, that was just really bad gameplan. TJ has shown that he can improve, though, so I'm keeping faith.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Yeah, that was just really bad gameplan. TJ has shown that he can improve, though, so I'm keeping faith.
Yeah he’s definitely shown the willingness to adjust his approach, but not typically drastically from game to game. In fact, he spent all week telling the media how (paraphrase) “we’re going to focus on dictating and doing what we do well and not changing our gameplan” - and it’s clear, that’s what they did. They guarded IL like we’ve guarded everyone. And the traps and rotations definitely bit us in the ass quite a bit. Certainly wasn’t all bad - IL was pretty inefficient and ineffective for big chunks of the second half. Personally, I’m disappointed in that first half offense and lack of early adjustments.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I havent read entire thread, but theres one key thing i havent seen - pure physical athleticism.

To be good at bball, you can have athleticism and just be bigger, stronger, faster, jumpier than the other guy. Think Rashon Clark, or Cato, or even Ward.

OR you can be more skilled - dribbling, passing, shooting, finding space, anticipating. Think Georges, Monte, or Lipsey.

If you have both, those are your star players. Frankly, Shannon is a good example. Or imagine if Keyshon was 6'8" lol.

This team was very good at skills. Less so with athleticism - esp just basic height. Taller teams gave them fits. You talk abt missing bunnies, some of that you have to credit Illinois for being taller and altering shots at the rim - sometimes even just being in their heads altering those shots.

I guess my point here is the athletic deficit this team had vs Ill (and a few other teams) let them get a few more points, and cost them a few points on offense. A bigger stronger quicker(?) older Milan should help.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
In the right year if the stars align ISU could absolutely contend.

So many things have to fall into place even with the needed metrics.

If like 4 shots fall last night we're here this morning with 'why not ISU!?' on the approach to Saturday.
If you can compete for the Big12 season title, then you absolutely can compete for a national title.
Still need some luck. But you have to be good enough to compete first.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
agreed. not sure how to beat uconn since they have that 9'10" dude lol

After the game, he came out of the tunnel wearing a very blingy chain around his neck with a big #32 hanging from it. Must have felt like he needed to make sure people knew he was "that" 9'10" guy!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Can't open this thread without thinking about it as:

offense > criminal defense!

Lineup

Jan 7, 2017
You don't think players got paid?

Even if you're that ignorant, were you OK with the scholarship?

That's a financial incentive to start.

TV? Fan attendance? Sponsored bowls?

It was always about money.

Transfers...so Tinsley, Cato, Willoughby, Seneca, and a whole bunch of others...never happened?
you just don't undestand three dumbs

• Informative
Reactions: madguy30

Help Support Us

Become a patron