Newton Cop going Viral

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
And here is why it's so ridiculous that KXNO runs those ads from the police union encouraging people to just comply with what the police tell you to do and raise grievances later. It's unconscionable that's allowed on the airwaves. You have rights to avoid this exact type of behavior.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I used to get bussed down to the Iowa police training center when I was at ISU. They'd get us drunk and practice their field sobriety tests. Good times. The officers, who are there for what is essentially continuing education, get graded based on who they failed and who they thought was the sober one. Anyway, one of the guys who leads the training told us that you'd be shocked by how many people when asked to do one of the tests replies with "I couldn't even do that if I was sober!".
Did you ever have to do he backwards alphabet? I can't even do come close to doing that right now. I can do like two letters at a time and have to run through the whole thing again and then even confuse myself going forward at times then.

• Agree
Reactions: SCNCY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Bad cops consistently get shielded by "good" cops. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.
There is a lot of pressure in law enforcement to maintain the blue line and protect each other. Cops who don't toe the line and call out or speak against bad actors can have a very bad time in the line of duty and with their union. Hopefully that is changing.

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
Did you ever have to do he backwards alphabet? I can't even do come close to doing that right now. I can do like two letters at a time and have to run through the whole thing again and then even confuse myself going forward at times then.
YES! That was the test he said got the most "I couldn't even do that if I was sober" comments...because...well many couldn't!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
YES! That was the test he said got the most "I couldn't even do that if I was sober" comments...because...well many couldn't!
I remember being told that the test wasn't about being able to recite the alphabet backwards starting at R and stopping at C but more about your actions while you are concentrating hard on doing something else. I would like to turn that around and after I tackle that one ask them to give me the alphabet backwards starting at X and ending at E. I bet I would get jerked around for a long time like this kid did.

Reactions: BCClone

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
There is a lot of pressure in law enforcement to maintain the blue line and protect each other. Cops who don't toe the line and call out or speak against bad actors can have a very bad time in the line of duty and with their union. Hopefully that is changing.

Narrator:
200.gif

Reactions: madguy30

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
My point exactly. It permeates police departments all over the country (Portland's entire riot police detail resigning in protest after one of their own was indicted for misconduct during BLM protests being an excellent example). And those who are willing to tolerate those conditions are not "good cops".

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I think most of us have experienced a cop on a power trip. My freshman year of college me and a buddy were driving back from Cedar Falls. Got pulled over on 20 for speeding, and instead of a simple ticket my buddys car was searched and we were patted down as the cop likely assumed being 18 year olds we had either alcohol or drugs on us. Luckily we were clean and we were too dumb to know we could refuse this.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I one time had a county cop pull me over for a taillight not working. I asked if my brake light was working then. That torqued him a bit and I just said, since you saw the taillight I figured you saw if my brake light worked when I stopped. Told him its hard to hold the brake and run back and check by yourself. Cop saw a six pack and decided to search my vehicle. It was an unopened six pack and one had slipped out when I grabbed it in the store so one was out of the sixer. I had folded clothes in the car because I had been helping my dad in the field and my mom told me she would wash a load for me while I did that. The car was ransacked, just tossed and he found nothing. I was dirty and it was a beater car and he kept talking about drugs and such. I've have never even touched weed in my life and drink very little so I'd be the last one that he'd find anything on. Got lippy with me. Handed me a fix it ticket and when I looked at it, it was signed as "such and suches grandson". Didn't even put his name down.

A couple days later the county sheriff comes into work and I tell him I'm ticked that he ransacked my car and how he signed the ticket. He told me he was just a jailer and at times they can get a little ambitious and hes sorry it happened. Just happy the numbnut didn't arrest me all over a bag with a six pack in it.

Big Daddy Kang

Mar 20, 2021
For arresting a 19 year old football player for OWI, even though the kid blew 0.0. Seems this cop just was looking to make an arrest and be an ass. It's annoying. Kid is asking to take the breath test the whole time. Then cop starts accusing him of smoking pot. It's embarrassing for the cop.; I also love how the kid sits the cop down at the end and basically treats him like a kid who lied to his parents.

Take your outrage somewhere else, please. This is CycloneFanatic not WokeFanatic.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I think most of us have experienced a cop on a power trip. My freshman year of college me and a buddy were driving back from Cedar Falls. Got pulled over on 20 for speeding, and instead of a simple ticket my buddys car was searched and we were patted down as the cop likely assumed being 18 year olds we had either alcohol or drugs on us. Luckily we were clean and we were too dumb to know we could refuse this.
Similar thing happened to me my sophomore year in Coralville when I was on my way back to Iowa City from Cedar Rapids. Friday night, homecoming weekend, teenage driver. They said they saw me take a drink, which was ********. I let them search the car, figuring that it would be faster than acting suspicious and refusing (I was close to missing the last bus from the student parking lot that was 3 or 4 miles from my dorm). I didn't have anything in the car, since I didn't drink at all back then and kept to myself, so there wouldn't have been anything that someone else left in the backseat. Afterwards, my dad (probation officer) told me I should have refused the search.