Newton Cop going Viral

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
You deserved a ticket for stupidity, if not for speeding. He had you on a slam dunk, instead of complaining that he pulled you over, be grateful he didn't give you the ticket you were asking for.

The ******* mindset it takes to admittedly break the law right in front of a cop, have the cop let you go, and then complain about being inconvenienced!
He didn’t deserve a ticket. Most cops have a set miles per hour over that they give tickets for ie… 6 miles over. But that is thrown out in a school zone. The reason for it is when they go to court they can always prove that they aren’t treating individuals differently. They also do drive a little slower so people can pass them and get in with different traffic to observe other drivers. @Gonzo didn’t deserve a ticket and it was obvious that the HP was just showing him who the man was.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He didn’t deserve a ticket. Most cops have a set miles per hour over that they give tickets for ie… 6 miles over. But that is thrown out in a school zone. The reason for it is when they go to court they can always prove that they aren’t treating individuals differently. They also do drive a little slower so people can pass them and get in with different traffic to observe other drivers. @Gonzo didn’t deserve a ticket and it was obvious that the HP was just showing him who the man was.
If you are over the speed limit don’t be surprised if you get a ticket. I drive about 5 over, playing the odds. If stopped and ticketed, it is what it is.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I don’t hate cops. I respect and appreciate honest cops. Bad cops are the minority in my opinion.

Just one persons opinion.
I don't hate them, but I get why people do. Especially minorities and people in low income areas. I personally don't trust them at all. Departments and the police union protect guys like this. I think they could be astronomically better at community relations.

Last edited:

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Signs of impairment outside the breath test can lead to getting tagged. This can be from Benadryl or something but is still driving while impaired.

Either way you couldn't pay me to do the alphabet backwards even if I practiced.
If asked to do something crazy backwards like the alphabet, don't respond with "I couldn't do that sober".

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: 06_CY and madguy30

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The safe word with BF and I is ….. Punt.

Some officers, local and state, simply use the position as a power trip. I was pulled over once in a 65 mph zone (4 lane) after very slowly passing a state trooper, I was going 67 mph. He asked me if I thought it was smart to pass a state trooper while speeding. I said I was going 67 in a 65, have passed troopers plenty of times going within 2-4 mph of the speed limit without incident. The guy was 5'4. He gave me a warning, but I had my real answer. Just a doosh with little man syndrome.

If I was a cop I would've given you some "stick time", planted evidence, and then probably shot you for good measure.

Obviously I'd be a totally ****** cop. I really appreciate the good ones. Not a job I'd want in the slightest.

Power to the good cops

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You deserved a ticket for stupidity, if not for speeding. He had you on a slam dunk, instead of complaining that he pulled you over, be grateful he didn't give you the ticket you were asking for.

The ******* mindset it takes to admittedly break the law right in front of a cop, have the cop let you go, and then complain about being inconvenienced!

Yeah, I was only going by the fact that I'd slow-passed troopers countless other times going literally 2-3 mph over without getting pulled over... silly me.

I'm guessing you're either 5'4, a state trooper, or related to a 5'4 state trooper.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I don't hate them, but I get why people do. Especially minorities and people in low income areas. I personally don't trust them at all. Departments and the police union protect guys like this. I think they could do astronomically better at community relations.
I’m a middle aged white man, so I’m not in the groups you highlight (either stereotypically or in actuality), and I get nervous as hell when a cop pulls out behind me. My immediate, gut-first reaction is “oh ****. What did I do”?

I’m guessing I’m not alone, and I don’t think that should be normal, should it?

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
not an officer but some of you are so anti cop that you lose common sense. Take Gonzo for example. He admits he broke the law. Not only did he break the law, he saw the cop and instead of doing what most people would do in that situation, slow down until the cop pulled off, he passed the cop! Then when the obvious consequence of that decision occurs, does he say "boy, that was stupid to pass a cop?" No, he instead goes to "why did you pull me over for only breaking the law by 2 mph?" And then when he gets away with it anyway, does he say "whew, got away with one?" Of course not! How dare you pull me over for speeding while knowingly passing you!

When people talk about white privilege, this is among the ******** they're talking about.

So you're saying I'm anti-cop and all about white privilege? Quite the leap...

Last edited:

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
not an officer but some of you are so anti cop that you lose common sense. Take Gonzo for example. He admits he broke the law. Not only did he break the law, he saw the cop and instead of doing what most people would do in that situation, slow down until the cop pulled off, he passed the cop! Then when the obvious consequence of that decision occurs, does he say "boy, that was stupid to pass a cop?" No, he instead goes to "why did you pull me over for only breaking the law by 2 mph?" And then when he gets away with it anyway, does he say "whew, got away with one?" Of course not! How dare you pull me over for speeding while knowingly passing you!

When people talk about white privilege, this is among the ******** they're talking about.
Police aren't forced to pull someone over for going 2 over. It's called discretion. That's the issue here. Once the cop knew the kid wasn't drunk and was coherent enough to drive he should have let him go. A good cop would have done that.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
If asked to do something crazy backwards like the alphabet, don't respond with "I couldn't do that sober".
I did the alphabet backwards sober out of my ass last weekend, I still wouldn't have the foresight to withhold if drunk, but I also wouldn't be driving.

Reactions: deadeyededric

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Police aren't forced to pull someone over for going 2 over. It's called discretion. That's the issue here. Once the cop knew the kid wasn't drunk and was coherent enough to drive he should have let him go. A good cop would have done that.
****. The cop still could have cited him for the headlights if he was out for a power trip citation even. I think the kid would have accepted it and apologized…on your way.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
****. The cop still could have cited him for the headlights if he was out for a power trip citation even. I think the kid would have accepted it and apologized…on your way.
Hell he did apologize at the beginning. Both for not knowing the rule, and for having the headlight out I think.

Why do you like dumb racist cops, Dosry5?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
That kid was clearly sober for the entirety of the video. That cop was just desperate to be right and find an excuse to arrest him. That’s not doing your job to protect and serve, that’s a power trip from a weak person.

A waste of time and resources, and it clearly turned personal for the cop. He should have let the clearly innocent kid go and got back on the streets looking for a real crime.