Newton Cop going Viral

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
For arresting a 19 year old football player for OWI, even though the kid blew 0.0. Seems this cop just was looking to make an arrest and be an ass. It's annoying. Kid is asking to take the breath test the whole time. Then cop starts accusing him of smoking pot. It's embarrassing for the cop.; I also love how the kid sits the cop down at the end and basically treats him like a kid who lied to his parents.

Last edited:

alenz95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
Just want to clarify some misleading advice from this video. You can absolutely refuse any and all of the tests, but your going to lose your license for doing so. If you do refuse to take the tests those refusals will come in as evidence. The only thing that is always kept out is the result from the portable breathalyzer.

Reactions: tnacin

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
We do need to get ourselves out of the mindset that you need to blow over .08% to be impaired. Even if pills and marijuana weren't a thing, you could still be considered impaired if you blew under .08% but failed the other tests. I would think that is a pretty rare occurrence but honestly have no idea.

I'm not watching a 25 minute video, how did the kid do on the impairment tests? I'm assuming he wasn't otherwise visibly impaired (slurring words, unable to stand still, etc) since nobody has brought that up.

It sounds like he should have a pretty good case if it even gets to court

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
We do need to get ourselves out of the mindset that you need to blow over .08% to be impaired. Even if pills and marijuana weren't a thing, you could still be considered impaired if you blew under .08% but failed the other tests. I would think that is a pretty rare occurrence but honestly have no idea.

I'm not watching a 25 minute video, how did the kid do on the impairment tests? I'm assuming he wasn't otherwise visibly impaired (slurring words, unable to stand still, etc) since nobody has brought that up.

Pretty sure the kid said I'll blow right away I saw this video like 2 weeks ago though. He blew 000 and the cop basically says oh I didn't smell alcohol I smell weed.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Just want to clarify some misleading advice from this video. You can absolutely refuse any and all of the tests, but your going to lose your license for doing so. If you do refuse to take the tests those refusals will come in as evidence. The only thing that is always kept out is the result from the portable breathalyzer.
no test 1 year loss

test 6 month loss

usually

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az

It was all BS from the start. The stupid human tricks are a terrible way to really know, They merely act as a way to provide the officer some discretion, which they likely only use when the suspect is rich or famous. Otherwise its license to make **** up as the fat ass useless cop did here.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Pretty sure the kid said I'll blow right away I saw this video like 2 weeks ago though. He blew 000 and the cop basically says oh I didn't smell alcohol I smell weed.

right, but as I indicated, you don't need to be drunk to be impaired. Tiger Woods damn near killed himself driving high on pills.

That's great that he was so adament that wanted to do the breathalyzer but that only catches people who are drunk. That's the entire point of the other tests.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
right, but as I indicated, you don't need to be drunk to be impaired. Tiger Woods damn near killed himself driving high on pills.

That's great that he was so adament that wanted to do the breathalyzer but that only catches people who are drunk. That's the entire point of the other tests.
You should exit this one. Right as you may be, that is not at issue here and you merely sound supportive of **** LE. This kid was not impaired in any way that anyone else but this fat POS suggested, repeatedly, for no apparent reason.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

But that is tainted by officer bozo adamantly saying oh I smell alcohol. Immediately his expertise should be questioned. Weed and booze smell very different. If the pretext is booze and that is false it becomes just fishing at some point.

Reactions: 2speedy1

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Think the producer is from Mass.is what I’m guessing

They didn't do their homework unfortunately.

My first thought was OP got it wrong, until I hear Greenfield and Willie Penn.

Yeah I thought it was Newton, Mass at first. Then he said William Penn.
I think they made a mistake for Newton, Mass.

If you read the comments. And look at the posted links to the PD its for Newton, Iowa. And many people call out that its for Newton, Iowa. And the producer likes and acknowledges it.

I have seen several of this guys videos he does a decent job. Just a mistake. Probably doesnt want to take down a video that is going viral and lose the income based on views, because then the count would restart.