Iowa State Uniform Discussions

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Looks good i suppose, slightly whelmed, much more generic now, wish the pants had some sort of marking on them.
They kinda feel like a throwback to the Rhoades era more than anything with the Iowa State on the chest.
With gold pants we'll have more uni combo options so that's fun and the white pants will gel better with the red top with the new white numbers and shoulder stripes.

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Looks good i suppose, slightly whelmed, much more generic now, wish the pants had some sort of marking on them.
They kinda feel like a throwback to the Rhoades era more than anything with the Iowa State on the chest.
With gold pants we'll have more uni combo options so that's fun and the white pants will gel better with the red top with the new white numbers and shoulder stripes.

Upgrade from our current jersey's, but I'd say I'm 'whelmed'. Really wished they would have incorporated more color into the pants.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Upgrade from our current jersey's, but I'd say I'm 'whelmed'. Really wished they would have incorporated more color into the pants.
I think our "current" jerseys were pretty good and unique they just needed some tweaking of the colors, add white accents to the jersey, and to make the shoulder stripes larger. These new ones look like a generic football jersey template from Nike. But they are clean and it seems like the players like them so that's good.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Jamie must hate the vintage tornado logo. He paid 3 million dollars to replace it with the bugle/turd.

Put it on a helmet you coward! Put it on midfield or center court! I know you read these forums.

*the stripes are cool I guess.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
That shade of red looks closer to the McCarney-era uniforms than the USC red of the last ~15 years.

Reactions: CloneFanInKC

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The good:

1. More white on the home uniforms. The stripes and numbers are huge upgrades.
2. The stripes on the home and away uniforms look solid and give everything a more cohesive look.
3. The gold pants look fantastic with the gold stripes on the away uniforms without looking like USC ripoffs.

The bad:

1. The generic "Iowa State" on the front. It looks a little high schoolish and smashes the number on the front.
2. The black jersey took the biggest hit with the "Iowa State" on the front. The best thing about our black uniforms was that it was almost a complete blackout. Now we're getting a little too much white. Not a huge deal. The W/B/W looks better than the B/B/B
3. Mismatched jersey/pants. We still don't have anything on the pants, which is a big miss.

All in all, these are upgrades, but they missed the mark a little bit with the "Iowa State" being the biggest issue.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The all white away unis aren't as cool and really look cheap. But the home uniforms are much better, which is more important.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
So who is going to make the spreadsheet of how many different combos we have and how many of them will we never see again after we lose one game in that combo.

:jimlad: