Iowa State Uniform Discussions

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Honestly think they are real deal. Someone commented we were tweaking designs as we move to the new Vapor unis. I LOVE the old school look for the home ones. White numbers with gold outline and the the sleeve stripes. Wonder if we'll tweak anything on the helmets! the new Cyclones script that has shown up on the SB unis and other places would be dope as an alternate.

I'm guessing 4th image is a mystery to be revealed in the fall... kind of like the "black reveal" only we'll add a 4th option to the Cardinal, White and Black unis
I also wonder whether the pants will stay solid or have side stripes. It's hard to gauge which would be better with these jerseys unless there were pics including the pants.

But, I'm with you on the jerseys. I think they're really slick. Hopefully it's not an April Fool's.

Reactions: aauummm

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Hmmmm.....not sure yet but I think I lean towards like. They'd look great next to conf championship trophy.

Reactions: aauummm

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
To be more precise, McDonald's has the same colors as Iowa State. We selected our school colors 56 years before McDonald's ever existed. :)
To be fair we wore Michigan colors in the 30s after hiring Veenker.

Dressed out in the Maize and Blue of Michigan rather than Cardinal and Gold, Iowa State's football team wins five of its first six games and the Cyclones are the talk of the Midwest. Iowa State finishes second in the Missouri Valley Conference in one of the great reversal of fortunes in Cyclone history. B Roger Bowen and B **** Grefe earn All-Big Six honors.

I am unsure when before that we switched from Black, Silver and Gold, to Cardinal and Gold.

And our Gold alternated between metallic and sunflower from the 40s-60s.

McDs founded in 1940, means that its difficult to prove that claim.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
If this is true, a lot of white on the home jersey don’t you think?

st8cydr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
If we're going for stripes on the sleeves I kind of wish they would have gone vertical and incorporated the Trice stripes and removed them from the front, but now I'm picking nits.