New FB Commit

Status
Not open for further replies.

edenclone

Oct 23, 2006
You honestly think it's the same thing...buddy?

Someone in this thread was JUST SAYING that information is going to get leaked anyway...so what's the big deal. I say the big deal is that if information comes from a paying site and is put out there for free as if it's their own, that's wrong. Is it wrong that there has been info taken from here and posted on a pay site? Yes, I think so. But I also think it's wrong to say they are the exact same thing.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Angie,
I totally agree with you on the ISU sources information...but it seems odd to me that this site never breaks information...I mean...there are plenty of commits this year, and if these posters have similar sources you would think at least one or two would show up on here first. I think commit is such a big deal because
1. The poster who posted this information has a rivals premium membership and logged on to the rivals board minutes before posting the information here.
2. The player in question committed long before it was posted here, and the rivals source came from their Juco coach, I doubt the poster in question source is the juco coach? Or was it just a coincidence that his source told him at almost the exact same time the juco coach told rivals?

I will be interested to see how the rest of the recruting stories come out...and if CF can break some of them first.

I totally see where you're coming from w/this, Lewdawg. And I think you have some great points. As has been stated before - please feel free to PM either the original poster or a moderator if you suspect something.

As far as CF breaking recruiting stories... I can say w/some probability that Jeremy probably won't be doing that. I say this because of the few things (and I'm not speaking for Jeremy, just what I understand):

1. He doesn't want to take anything away from the other site admins who make their livings doing it.
2. NCAA regulations regarding contacting recruits are very strict, and it's too much of a hassle for Jeremy.
3. He just simply doesn't have the time, as I posted before.

We all love hearing about recruits, and are glad for any info that anyone has. That being said - please, for the love of all that's good, please don't gank/post any info from other sites if you don't have another source. :biggrin9gp: We don't have any animosity here towards any other site - I will reiterate (again, not directed at you, Lewdawg) that there is no reason for any site to hate on any other. We are all Cyclone fans first and foremost. I personally just don't see the reason for hating - we're not Hawks, for crying out loud. :) Plus - if you don't like what you read here, just click that little X in the upper right-hand corner of your browser.

I hope all of that makes sense - I'm tired and Aqua Teen is on, so I may not be entirely clear right now. :) Feel free to ask for any clarification.

edenclone

Oct 23, 2006
First of all, if you are going to throw that comment out about CR and CN being wrong about Jeter and Kelley, you should throw this site in the mix for saying (the day before he was hired) that there was 0 chance of McDermott being hired...add Harbaugh to that list as well.

And for the record Kelley was NEVER 'for sure' our next coach on the CR site. Never. He never used those words, so quit trying to make it sound like he did.

H

HGPuck

I think there are two things everyone can agree on, there have been times when people have posted information they got directly off a members only section of a pay site (the exact times we do not know unless they cut and pasted out of an article and I have almost never seen that here) and that everyone has a different opinion on the extent to which information should be shared. So now I am going to proceed with my personal opinion: If you subscribe to a pay college recruiting site most do it for one of two reasons (in a lot of cases both), they either want to read articles about commits and potential recruits and follow them through the process, secondly they want to be the first with the information of who has committed to ISU. What is the reason that a person would want to know first? So they can sit at home and say to themselves, boy Im great I know information, no they want to know first so they can be the one that tells their friends about it. Wether that is in person, online, a family member, close friend, or mutual ISU fan. The question comes about how much information we tell people, who they are, and when we tell them. Personally, I don't think it should matter who we tell, timing well what is the point of waiting if the very reason you get the information is to tell people, and lastly I don't think it is right particularly on the internet to cut and paste any part of a premium article for others to read (in my opinion that is what you are really paying for, the articles and their insight not a name and if they commit).

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I think there are two things everyone can agree on, there have been times when people have posted information they got directly off a members only section of a pay site (the exact times we do not know unless they cut and pasted out of an article and I have almost never seen that here) and that everyone has a different opinion on the extent to which information should be shared. So now I am going to proceed with my personal opinion: If you subscribe to a pay college recruiting site most do it for one of two reasons (in a lot of cases both), they either want to read articles about commits and potential recruits and follow them through the process, secondly they want to be the first with the information of who has committed to ISU. What is the reason that a person would want to know first? So they can sit at home and say to themselves, boy Im great I know information, no they want to know first so they can be the one that tells their friends about it. Wether that is in person, online, a family member, close friend, or mutual ISU fan. The question comes about how much information we tell people, who they are, and when we tell them. Personally, I don't think it should matter who we tell, timing well what is the point of waiting if the very reason you get the information is to tell people, and lastly I don't think it is right particularly on the internet to cut and paste any part of a premium article for others to read (in my opinion that is what you are really paying for, the articles and their insight not a name and if they commit).

Great post. One way to look at it is that you're kind of cheapening your own membership to a pay site when you give other people the same info that you paid for for free. It mostly hurts yourself.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
All three of the sites are pretty much the same, the difference is this site does not focus on recruiting. I personally am not going to pay $100 a year to get an inside track on recruits we are going to get. But as far as breaking news that is happening within the ISU athletic program, this site is just as good as the other two, if not better. Information is going to get leaked out from the pay sites onto this site. This site has thousands and thousands of members, and it is just plainly a fact that the info is going to get leaked. But honestly, Unless your name is Paul Clark or Steve Deace, just shut up and quit your crying about it!

Last edited:

edenclone

Oct 23, 2006
That comment wasn't directed at Jeremy, no.

More on playing devil's advocate. Some are accused of stealing other sites premium content and passing it off as their own. If those people DO have insiders, it would help to see them break the info on here first, that's all.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
First of all, if you are going to throw that comment out about CR and CN being wrong about Jeter and Kelley, you should throw this site in the mix for saying (the day before he was hired) that there was 0 chance of McDermott being hired...add Harbaugh to that list as well.

And for the record Kelley was NEVER 'for sure' our next coach on the CR site. Never. He never used those words, so quit trying to make it sound like he did.

that was exactly my point. the same thing was reported on this site as was others, about the coaches. and sorry you have to get your panties in a bunch about the kelley thing.

edenclone

Oct 23, 2006
Does it really? This site has thousands and thousands of members? That I didn't know. I would love to see them all listed at the top of the page like other sites. Any way that can happen?

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Does it really? This site has thousands and thousands of members? That I didn't know. I would love to see them all listed at the top of the page like other sites. Any way that can happen?

FYI, this site has 4177 registered members.

cyflyer

Apr 11, 2006
Waukee

Just to help with this specific fact. This is true. Paul had a source that felt good about Kelly being the guy, but he never officially stated to the board he felt Kelly was going to be hired. I would say Paul of the three site (I subscribe to both CR/CN and read here) was the only one that never actually went out on a limb to declare the next coach without office confirmation. In fact Paul based on a call from a prominent media member in Central Iowa was the first of the three to break the news on Chizik.

This three way fight is getting old, but it has merit like it or not. I'll get no support here for this idea, but I believe the pressure is on this sites admin to verify where people are getting their information if they are concerned about information being 'stolen'. If they are not then let's not mince words or be coy the fact. If people hear from Joe Blue who has a CN membership that recruit XYZ commits and posts it here. Have the balls to admit that as fact. If Jon Doe posts recruit XYZ commits and it came from someone in the AD. State, vaguely, who it was. Example would be coach, secretary or cleaning lady. I think that would help. Both of the paying sites do this, but actually give a specific name. I wouldn't expect that here if the people are wanting to stay anonymous, but a vague description might ease up this continuing debate. If none of this can be done.. well then just start deleting the threads and ban people.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I just got insider info that somoene who runs CR is the one getting all uppity in this thread. im sorry your agenda is to make some money, whereas all clones should just be happy to hear any information.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
FYI, this site has 4177 registered members.

Yup - if you go to Members List, you can get a pretty good rough estimate. It's also good to note that Jer goes in and deletes some accounts that have been inactive for long periods of time occasionally.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Heres the deal, how many people honestly care where the info comes from, we are all clones fans, and would like to hear it. I don't care if a select few have interested tied in due to membership fees, welcome to the 21st century. I bet you are the same people that violate RIAA laws on downloading music, but turn around and get all upset about information on a collegiate sports team being leaked 3 hours before ESPN knows about it.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Well idiot, there is a link at the top of the page called "Memebrs List". I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out what it contains.

Status
Not open for further replies.