New FB Commit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I can confirm everything Lastufka has said is correct, and that from a source in Minnesota. This is a huge day for the Cyclones...

Aug 21, 2006
Des Moines
Essentially, stealing "premium" information is bad. Don't do it. That said, it is getting really old when every thread of this type turns into an argument like this.

It is getting old. Too many people believe that CR and Paul Clark is the only way of finding out information. I've said before that I subscribe to CR and that I respect the policies of both sites. That has not and will not change.

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
There are lots of sources for information...that's what make CF click. I don't understand the big deal. Be happy information is being shared and people are fired up about ISU.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I hope I don't meet any CR/CN members on the streets, cause if they tell me stuff that they might have read there, I'm reporting them to the authorities.

I hope they rot in prison too!

isu1964

Dec 20, 2006
U CR supporters are all idiots, now i am a guy that doesnt get mad to often but damn wont you guys learn that Paul Clark is not the only person who has the sources to find this type of info. Alot of people have alot of different sources, and the people that get info from their sources are told not to tell who they are. Latuvaska thanks alot for the info, i dont see whats the big deal when everyone else is going to find out sooner or later, its not a big deal if you are the first one to find out.

Clark always tells who his source is - and it's never someone at ISU. He posts Weir info at 4:27 and tells exactly where he got the info, just like always. Its like the fourth update on Weir in the last week, second just today. At 4:50, Lestavka or whatever reports that the football office is buzzing with this new commitment. That's funny. since it happened Monday and the coaches are all gone anyway. How does a nearly empty office buzz? Are the secretaries that enthusiastic? You parasites can rationalize anything.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Ok, we're infighting because what? Chizik landed a really awesome recruit and someone wouldn't lay down a source because he asked not to be layed down? :eek:o7dt:

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Someone told me the earth was round, but I wont believe it til CR confirms it with the cartographer. And why is it that when CR reported the the sky was blue last week, there was someone on CF saying the same thing only a few hours later?!? Thieves!!!
Grow up ladies!

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Ok, we're infighting because what? Chizik landed a really awesome recruit and someone wouldn't lay down a source because he asked not to be layed down? :eek:o7dt:
Tell me about, this is the best day for the new football coaching staff and we are fighting because of how we got the information. Pathetic, if you ask me. Its going to come out sooner or later, so why does it matter how it comes out.

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Wow, I guess since Paul Clark tells who is sources are that means everyone else has to do it, is Paul god or something. If Paul and Deace have problems with people giving out premium info then they can come tell us.

sdsmith4

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
exactly, I mean I don't think you should post quotes from stories that our premium no, but info that is available to everyone else is fair game, annd we need to stop arguing about it, us posting it here doesn't change the fact that Paul was the first one to report it. The most important thing is that we just got 3 jucos and 1 high school commit today, which is huge, we seem to be up to 19 commits, this is great news, stop spending your days arguing about where information comes from and who is an ******* and just bask in the glory that is cyclone football, simma down now Joe Cyclone!

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
That's funny. since it happened Monday and the coaches are all gone anyway. How does a nearly empty office buzz? Are the secretaries that enthusiastic? You parasites can rationalize anything.

How do you know the coaches r gone, do u have a source? Or did Paul tell you, because if he did then your giving out premium info...

ajjohnson

Sep 25, 2006
Lastuvka you are a cheat and lier. You won't tell us where you get your info because you can't. That would be admitting theft.

And you are a complete idiot. Just because Paul Clark tells you he is the only one who understands the secret code known as english that is spoken by members of the athletic department doesn't mean it is true. Get a freaking clue! How do you think the other sites get information, what makes you think people on this site can't get information the same way. Not to mention I know for a fact that information has been "stolen" from this site and taken to the pay sites. Either learn to understand the first amendment or go to China or Cuba where you can stop free speech.

cyclonefan15

Apr 18, 2006
Ankeny
So in gettin all these guys today does ne one have the complete list of recruits cause it is different on Cyclone Nation and Cyclone Report...so i was just wondering how many total there r and who all of them r...cause i know most of them

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I'm not sure what the solution is, but there has to be a better way to deal with recruiting information. Most fans are curious if not addicted to hearing the latest scoops. Schools are under severe NCAA restrictions on what info they can release. This creates the opportunities for recruiting gurus and for-profit sites.

While a few fans get their fix, my belief is that the recruits and high school coaches pay the price. They really have better things to do than to give out info for free that ends up being sold to others with no benefit to them. Highly recruited players get bugged so often that they usually stop taking phone calls. The coaches work hard to find opportunities for their seniors who wish to keep playing in college. Most will be at the DIII or DII levels with DI being the exception. The gurus really don't have a legitimate role in any of this.

I wish that the NCAA would change some of their regulations. Schools already have to privately track and report contacts and visits. I'm not sure what the harm would be if they authorized allowing this info to be released to the established media that cover the schools. You can't convince me that this isn't being done under the table now when a coach wants to get some publicity. Getting more information out in the open has to help those with the most at stake - the student athlete.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Not to mention I know for a fact that information has been "stolen" from this site and taken to the pay sites. Either learn to understand the first amendment or go to China or Cuba where you can stop free speech.
1. Information can't be stolen from this site. No property right to it is claimed. It is explicitly given for free.
2. The first amendment does not give the right to distribute information gathered and organized at some expense and which is essentially a business commodity. [Edit: Unless it becomes public information, which it would if it is posted on a website accessible to everyone.] This is especially true when one contracts not to distribute that information, as I believe is required to be a member of the premium sites.

Last edited:

billdo00

Apr 13, 2006
And you are a complete idiot. Just because Paul Clark tells you he is the only one who understands the secret code known as english that is spoken by members of the athletic department doesn't mean it is true. Get a freaking clue! How do you think the other sites get information, what makes you think people on this site can't get information the same way. Not to mention I know for a fact that information has been "stolen" from this site and taken to the pay sites. Either learn to understand the first amendment or go to China or Cuba where you can stop free speech.

And how exactly would you know if things came from this site to a premium site? Maybe people from this board reporting things back to you on this site? Hmm....

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
why do i find myself reading the same old bull$#!+ on this site everyday. i come here for some news on the team that i love, and all i see is a bunch of immature losers crying to each other about their moral principals. jesus christ people- GET OVER IT! we got some really good news today about the state of our football program, and if everyone here is what the site says we are-CYCLONE FANATICS, then we should be happy. if you want to question michael lastuvka or anyone else on this site for how they got info or anything else, please send them a private message. i really enjoy coming here and checking up on our latest news, because i am a fan. however, i am getting real tired of this holier than thou attitude that i have to keep reading from what seems like a small majority of the people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron