New FB Commit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
Everytime I see a commit on here its always after it was on CR first and its always from you. Most people just put 2 and 2 together, but if you actually have a contact in the Athletic Dept then I guess thats your info. Seems pretty conveinent in most cases.

Innocent until proven guilty. We are in America.

I personally have about 12 guys who I periodically eat lunch with on a rotating basis who are Cyclone fans and of course the topic at lunch usually revolves around sports. The group knows about all the new recruits so I asked where the info comes from and 4 of the guys are members of CN or CR. My point is Cyclone fans get excited when a commit is announced and it becomes part of the normal days conversation, there is nothing stopping me from running to a computer to post the info and I did not even know where the info was coming from.

CDCclone

Mar 29, 2006
Are you people paid by Paul Clark??? I am absolutely amazed about the negative attacks coming from people on the other sites. Your logic makes no sense at all. Once one source knows information it will spread in minutes with today's modern communication so that MANY, MANY people inside the Cyclone community will know it. People can have different contacts that supply the same information only minutes apart. Get over it people and if you have to be jerks to fellow Cyclone fans do us a favor and keep it on your beloved "premium" sites. People need to seriously grow up and move on.

isumellie

May 18, 2006
Waukee, IA
Are you people paid by Paul Clark??? I am absolutely amazed about the negative attacks coming from people on the other sites. Your logic makes no sense at all. Once one source knows information it will spread in minutes with today's modern communication so that MANY, MANY people inside the Cyclone community will know it. People can have different contacts that supply the same information only minutes apart. Get over it people and if you have to be jerks to fellow Cyclone fans do us a favor and keep it on your beloved "premium" sites. People need to seriously grow up and move on.

Amen Brother! Exactly what I have been thinking through this whole thing!

ajjohnson

Sep 25, 2006
The first amendment does not give the right to distribute information gathered and organized at some expense and which is essentially a business commodity. [Edit: Unless it becomes public information, which it would if it is posted on a website accessible to everyone.] This is especially true when one contracts not to distribute that information, as I believe is required to be a member of the premium sites.

The point is you have NO idea where people who post get their information. I have a close relationship with someone in the athletic department who has worked very closely with our last 5 basketball coaches. But if I post something about basketball recruiting the fun police automatically will cry that I am stealing info from their girl Paula with zero proof and are dead wrong. I have previously been accused of stealing info when I have no premium account and don't know anyone that does. Thanks to all of you for polluting the BEST Iowa State site in the world with your unfounded garbage every time anything about recruiting is posted! Maybe if you got your moneys worth from these other sites you wouldn't have this inferiority complex?

You can go to Cyclone Report right now and see that the recruit has committed with no subscription. It makes all of these posters look extremely ignorant and petty. It gets old when this crap takes over every other recruiting thread. Its like a bunch of little girls having a tattling constest to impress their mommy.

Last edited:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Agreed. This guy has sources and those sources are Paul Clark and CR. He takes premium info and reports it on this board. Why? Im not sure, probably to help his rep. But let's be honest guys, Jeremy does the same thing

Can you give an example of when our site owner stole information from CR or any other premium source and posted it here?

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
I don't know what the link said at the time of post (5 hours ago) But the link to the free web page about Chris Weir that Michael Lastuvka provided does contain the line "Iowa State (solid verbal)" in it. That is not illegal to post on here considering he provided a link to where free information can be obtained that says Chris committed to Iowa State.

Aug 21, 2006
Des Moines
I don't know what the link said at the time of post (5 hours ago) But the link to the free web page about Chris Weir that Michael Lastuvka provided does contain the line "Iowa State (solid verbal)" in it. That is not illegal to post on here considering he provided a link to where free information can be obtained that says Chris committed to Iowa State.

It didn't say he was committed at the time I made the post stating he committed. It was information I received from a friend, and since this site doesn't have recruits' profiles I used a rivals profile to give fans an idea who he was, who he was being recruited by, etc. Simple stuff.

Cyfan322

Mar 31, 2006
Ames
Your info is always great Lastuvka, thank you. My advice for you in the future would be to just state the name of the player that comitted. Then people can in turn, look at the Rivals page and find the athlete's profile themselves. You will avoid any confrontation from stupid people on this board who think you are a thief.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
The point is you have NO idea where people who post get their information. I have a close relationship with someone in the athletic department who has worked very closely with our last 5 basketball coaches. But if I post something about basketball recruiting the fun police automatically will cry that I am stealing info from their girl Paula with zero proof and are dead wrong. I have previously been accused of stealing info when I have no premium account and don't know anyone that does. Thanks to all of you for polluting the BEST Iowa State site in the world with your unfounded garbage every time anything about recruiting is posted! Maybe if you got your moneys worth from these other sites you wouldn't have this inferiority complex?

You can go to Cyclone Report right now and see that the recruit has committed with no subscription. It makes all of these posters look extremely ignorant and petty. It gets old when this crap takes over every other recruiting thread. Its like a bunch of little girls having a tattling constest to impress their mommy.
Unfortunatelly this site does not provide for multiple quotes without a lot of effort, but if you take my response in context you will see that I was responding to someone claiming information could be stolen from here (not possible) and that the first amendment protected others those who would steal premium info (not the case).

I understand that people have other sources and reiterated in previous posts that I don't think most of this information is stolen.

ajjohnson

Sep 25, 2006
And how exactly would you know if things came from this site to a premium site? Maybe people from this board reporting things back to you on this site? Hmm....

People from this board reporting things back to you on this site?

ENGLISH, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
He did commit and to back Michael up, he did not get the info from any other site, period. I know that for a fact. Many ways of knowing things, not always are the dots connected at every point.

ajjohnson

Sep 25, 2006
Unfortunatelly this site does not provide for multiple quotes without a lot of effort, but if you take my response in context you will see that I was responding to someone claiming information could be stolen from here (not possible) and that the first amendment protected others those who would steal premium info (not the case).

I understand that people have other sources and reiterated in previous posts that I don't think most of this information is stolen.

The post wasn't necessarily directed at you. Sorry for the confusion.

edenclone

Oct 23, 2006
No, the point is that there is information on here and no one says where it's from. It's a free site here, with no Rivals or Scout attached. Why not throw out a couple of names here or there confirming? Without saying names, you HAVE to admit it's a little fishy where information is coming from.

edenclone

Oct 23, 2006
Also, it would be nice to see the 'insiders' on here break information on a consistent basis before the other sites. If that happens, no one can wonder where the information came from. But when something gets posted on a paying site, then appears on here just a little bit later, it's only natural to wonder where the info came from.

Break the news first, and there shouldn't be any problems. Hasn't happened much that I can recall on here.

Lewdawg

Apr 12, 2006
I guess I will take the "admins" word for it...and if the source was someone at ISU it would be a little more believable because CR and people from this site could have the same sources...but come on, this info came from a Juco coach who notoriously doesn't make many phone calls about recruits. CR breaks the story and 20 minutes later a CF poster (who also has a premium membership to rivals) posts the information on here about a verbal commit that is over 24 hours old?....

Lewdawg

Apr 12, 2006
Also, it would be nice to see the 'insiders' on here break information on a consistent basis before the other sites. If that happens, no one can wonder where the information came from. But when something gets posted on a paying site, then appears on here just a little bit later, it's only natural to wonder where the info came from.

Break the news first, and there shouldn't be any problems. Hasn't happened much that I can recall on here.

Nice post...I concur.

kcclone

Oct 25, 2006
Its funny

Michael Lastuvka claims he didn't get his "information" from CR and yet he posted it here 20 minutes after CR broke the story on their confidential board AND he provided a link to CR. Coincidence?

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
IMO, this argument is just retarted. The new Cyclone football staff just had its best day since taking over and we are fighting about what sources people have when they post information. WHO CARES?? Its all going to come out sooner or later and i'm sure once one site has the information, its going to circulate within 5 to 10 minutes. This should be a day of celebration and instead it turns into a huge fight over something stupid. For the people who are complaing that he is posting information that he got off of a "premium" site, I have three words for you: GET OVER IT!!

edenclone

Oct 23, 2006
Who cares?? If you were running a premium site and there was a possibility of information getting leaked to a free site, I would hope you would care. They are putting a lot of effort into getting premium content to paying subscribers, not to have a few people take the information and post it as their own on a free site.

Status
Not open for further replies.