Nebraska...Corporate Spin Doctor

Oct 7, 2009
Des Moines
I posted this deep in another thread, but I wanted to get a few more eyes on it for discussion. Regardless of what happens, each school involved in this mess will put a politically correct spin on their justification for doing what they did.

After reading another post about how Nebraska has struggled with TV exposure a thought came to mind.

Nebraska has been unable to return itself to the powerhouse of the past. They are kind of floundering in mediocrity at the moment. Although last year wasn't bad. My in-laws hail from Nebraska. Their favorite past time is sitting around talking about how good BigRed used to be. Look at their stadium...The state for that matter. They don't survive at their current pace. The machine is running out of gas.

I'm going to liken their situation to that of an athlete who dopes up. You know you can't get what you want, so you do what it is you can to gain that edge. This move appears to be an attempt to financially make up for their lack of football success for the past decade...Essentially, they have failed at restoring their football team. They are losing momentum. This move gives them the resources (money) to keep the machine running and create the illusion of progress (read: hope) for Nebraska fans.

Nebraska can say/blame whoever they want for this move. I'm only suggesting this could be one of the real motives for a change.

Just my two cents...