***National Title Game: Alabama vs. Ohio State Thread***

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Really unfortunate that college football can't figure out a way to make the whole thing more fair like the NFL does. Bama sends out all the top players after tonight, but then it's like they turn around and get the first ten picks in next years draft.

Look at Cleveland in the NFL. They have gone from 0-16 to beating the Steelers in the playoffs. That is what college football needs. And yes, I still feel that way even though we are now one of the blue bloods, fairness is just that important to me.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Really unfortunate that college football can't figure out a way to make the whole thing more fair like the NFL does. Bama sends out all the top players after tonight, but then it's like they turn around and get the first ten picks in next years draft.

Look at Cleveland in the NFL. They have gone from 0-16 to beating the Steelers in the playoffs. That is what college football needs. And yes, I still feel that way even though we are now one of the blue bloods, fairness is just that important to me.

Step back a little.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Step back a little.

We are a damn good team heading toward a damn good program. Keep Campbell and hang in the Top 20 for a few more years and we are Bill Snyder level. Win a title and do this for 10 years and you can be a blue blood.

I am quite happy with being a damn good team after the last 50 years.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We are a damn good team heading toward a damn good program. Keep Campbell and hang in the Top 20 for a few more years and we are Bill Snyder level. Win a title and do this for 10 years and you can be a blue blood.

I am quite happy with being a damn good team after the last 50 years.

Being good and staying in that Top 20ish realm would be amazing.

But if anyone's remotely considering ISU in the 'blue blood' conversation they're doing some amazing drugs.

It's the same as when people considered ISU 'elite' in basketball when they were realistically solidly in that Top 20 realm, which was also fun, the 99-00 team being the outlier.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Really feel like OU could’ve put up as good of or better showing against bama last night than OSU did. As much as I wanted to be in the playoffs, I’m ok with not having to face bama this year. Just a bunch of freak specimens on that team.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Really feel like OU could’ve put up as good of or better showing against bama last night than OSU did. As much as I wanted to be in the playoffs, I’m ok with not having to face bama this year. Just a bunch of freak specimens on that team.

I'd bet ISU would give Bama at least a bit of a scare (like be within a TD after a burst) by mid-3rd quarter before they settled back in and hit up Smith for a couple of TDs.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Someone with a much better defense needed to give them a go. Hard to know if that is Oklahoma or not, given schedules this year. I think they had more points at half last night than they did in the whole game against ND, who could do nothing on offense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron