My evil tailgating plan

Montgomery-Magic

Oct 17, 2017
Hey, thanks to anyone who can give some guidance. I'm trying to start a family tradition as my family is in sore need of gameday inspiration beyond the stepshow-- I hope to expose them to the glory of tailgating in cheaper lots first. Then will 'set the hook' with more expensive locations. (currently I see $178 tickets on Ticketmaster which I'd have to spring for on my own at this point.) I have a childhood memory of tailgating in grass lots east of JTS. Do people tailgate there? Is there a tailgating scene outside the paved JTS lots? do people tailgate at the 'PUB' lot south of JTS for $25 a ticket?

Thanks!

Reactions: agentbear

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
You can absolutely park and tailgate in the public lots for $25 and if you’re looking to start a tradition this or the Haunted Forest will be your best bet in year 1.
Get a feel for what you want, the the size of your group and their interest before you invest in the donation required for paved lots.

Reactions: agentbear

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
In my experience, the more expensive the tailgate lot the less exciting the tailgate - excluding maybe the RV's.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

Montgomery-Magic

Oct 17, 2017
You can absolutely park and tailgate in the public lots for $25 and if you’re looking to start a tradition this or the Haunted Forest will be your best bet in year 1.
Get a feel for what you want, the the size of your group and their interest before you invest in the donation required for paved lots.
Thanks for the help! The Haunted Forest? Where is that?! I ain’t scared of no ghost

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
My kids grew up tailgating in the student lot with their older cousins. Disturbingly we once saw some little girls playing house in the porta potties. Make sure they know those aren’t little play houses.

The Haunted Forrest is also east of stadium but further north.

• Haha
Reactions: Montgomery-Magic