NFL: Moss waived by Vikings

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I've been a Chili defender. I've given him the benefit of the doubt multiple times. But, after finding out that this was his decision, and that the Wilfs had no part of it, and are in fact angry about it, I'm done with Chili. I think Brad put the final nail in his coffin with this move. Let's promote Leslie Frazier, and get it done with.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
I've been a Chili defender. I've given him the benefit of the doubt multiple times. But, after finding out that this was his decision, and that the Wilfs had no part of it, and are in fact angry about it, I'm done with Chili. I think Brad put the final nail in his coffin with this move. Let's promote Leslie Frazier, and get it done with.

Yeah I was a little shocked after hearing this. Stupid move on his part, one that probably just cost him his job (at least I hope)

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This is Childress's problem. Randy Moss is Randy Moss. You are a fool if you expected something different.

I've said it before but the only good thing to come out of this mess of a season is that Childress will be gone after the season.

Reactions: CloneFan4

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
They must be trying to squeeze a draft pick out of somebody. Naturally when the Pats did this they kept absolutely mum and were able to get a 3rd rounder instead of letting it leak that they were cutting the player giving away all leverage in the transaction. Considering that the Vikes are trying to move a guy they just traded for they weren't going to have much leverage anyway but, it's interesting to see how two different organizations handle their business.

There is that whole thing about the trade deadline being 3 weeks ago...

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Jon Gruden would be a nice coach.

He would have actually been a good coach last year for the Vikings, but Gruden can't deal with rookies... he will always sign veterans and play them over talented rookies.

Next year, in a possible rebuilding year? Terrible fit.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
I called Randy Moss a cancer the other day. Altough I don't like the Vikings, they did the right thing in removing the tumor. Howie Long said Randy Moss would make a good Viking team a great team. Wonder what he's thinking now ...

simesclone

Feb 18, 2010
Right on all points!!! I read comments attributed to Brad Johnson and Gus Ferrotte that they nicknamed Childress VK - Veteran Killer. He's not open to the players and it's his way or the highway. Obviously, his way is without a clue...
Everyone knows Moss is a cancer for a team. Every team he's been on has dumped him.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Watching Favre and the Vikings fail has been a sweet surprise. Wish AP could get out of that place. Philly would love him.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
2) Let Taylor go when they did not have a 3rd down solution, and still don't.
I think everybody knew that Chester was not coming back to the Vikings in free agency. What I never understood was why they didn't trade him and get something of value for the guy? He could be a starting RB a lot of places.
Major Dad needs to hit the highway.

AllN4Cy

Sep 9, 2010
Grimes
Moss' condescending and disrespectful comments at the Vikings post-practice team dinner last Friday is what started the wheels in motion. His performance Sunday and his comments after the game sealed his fate. I still personally feel he is the 2nd best receiver all time in the NFL and could have been the best had he just shut his mouth. He'll land in the AFC West somewhere. Chargers have the first shot, but they just signed Vincent Jackson. Oakland might take him so the Chiefs can't, but there may be bad blood there still. Chiefs will take him for sure if he everyone ahead of them passes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron