MN Football Is A Wasteland

Hawk4Cy

Dec 16, 2009
This article will indicate just how impotent they were LAST year at attending, so don't buy the "two years in a row to the same bowl garbabge they are peddling":

Costly kick in the teeth to bowl teams - Sports - SignOnSanDiego.com

Best quote:

• Minnesota and the Big Ten bought the required 10,500 tickets for the Insight Bowl last year [2008] in Arizona. They only sold 1,512, absorbing a loss of $434,340. :biglaugh:

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
This article will indicate just how impotent they were LAST year at attending, so don't buy the "two years in a row to the same bowl garbabge they are peddling":

Costly kick in the teeth to bowl teams - Sports - SignOnSanDiego.com

Best quote:

• Minnesota and the Big Ten bought the required 10,500 tickets for the Insight Bowl last year [2008] in Arizona. They only sold 1,512, absorbing a loss of $434,340. :biglaugh:
That was a very good article. It also explains why it is important for ISU fans to buy tickets directly from ISU.

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
Good article in deed. It also shows how the current bowls have become so saturated and that the bowls are playing off of schools emotions and basically fleecing them. It also shows that college football is driven solely by money and the NCAA is the biggest hypocrite organization that continue to support other organization to line their pockets off of alot of public schools. Everyone is a winner, everyone gets a blue ribbon, just make sure your check does not bounce. :biglaugh:

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Interesting article. I can't believe how much West Virginia lost on their bowl, wow.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Good article in deed. It also shows how the current bowls have become so saturated and that the bowls are playing off of schools emotions and basically fleecing them. It also shows that college football is driven solely by money and the NCAA is the biggest hypocrite organization that continue to support other organization to line their pockets off of alot of public schools. Everyone is a winner, everyone gets a blue ribbon, just make sure your check does not bounce. :biglaugh:

Exactly, a dozen or more of these bowls need to die as they can't survive without the ticket block guarantee. BTW, I don't blame the Gopher fans for not lining up to buy tickets. They had a disappointing season of uninspired football and are returning to the same bowl they seem to go to every year. None of the Gophers I work with are going.

Last edited:

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
The NCAA makes very little money from the current bowl arrangement. Right now the money goes to the schools, conferences, BCS (which is not affiliated with the NCAA) and the communities that host the games. There is little to no involvement with NCAA. If we had a playoff to determine an NCAA champion, then they would be getting all the money instead of the schools. That's why the schools/conferences like the BCS.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
People in Minnesota are spending part of their entertainment dollars on the Twins, Vikings and Timberwolves. That leaves less money available for College sports.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Good article in deed. It also shows how the current bowls have become so saturated and that the bowls are playing off of schools emotions and basically fleecing them.

I think the opposite is true. As Pollard said on the radio a few weeks ago, the conferences have themselves to blame as they basically "hold up" the bowls for higher pay-outs in exchange for automatic conference tie-in contracts.
If anyone is greedy, it's the major conferences.
So it's the schools AND the bowls who are playing off the fans' emotions...

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
I think the opposite is true. As Pollard said on the radio a few weeks ago, the conferences have themselves to blame as they basically "hold up" the bowls for higher pay-outs in exchange for automatic conference tie-in contracts.
If anyone is greedy, it's the major conferences.
So it's the schools AND the bowls who are playing off the fans' emotions...

It's an incestuous circle. That's for sure.

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
BEAT THE GOOFERS!!!!!!!!!! pretty poor showing when they r not buying any tickets. do the gophers really have a fanbase?????

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron