Lanning

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Need a real ******* OC and a REAL QB COACH for any of our qb's to develop and get better. Until then why would any decent qb come here seriously? All we do is throw them under the bus and ruin their careers.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Its a combination if coaching and not getting crap for recruits at the quarterback position. Lets be honest here, none of three would start at aby other big 12 schools including Kansas. I realize we are not making any monster lands anytime soon but theres guys like Jake Wauters at Kstate all over the country. We just somehow manage to continually get guys that amount to nothing. Personally with Lazard coming in I am hopeful we'll get some no name recruit that comes in a straight gunslinger.

Before the season I said we didnt have one of the top 12 QBs in the Big 12. I stand by that comment.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Its a combination if coaching and not getting crap for recruits at the quarterback position. Lets be honest here, none of three would start at aby other big 12 schools including Kansas.

A healthy Richardson would start for most Big XII teams this season.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
A healthy Richardson would start for most Big XII teams this season.

Sammy throws a nice floating deep ball, but i really dont think he has the arm strength to whip the ball across the field on bubble screens and over the middle. Solid yes, just not a play maker with his arm.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I don't think qb is the problem, and I'm not sure it ever has been.

I really question this. I personally think Sam could be really solid with a good OC. Heck, I even wonder had Herman stayed for another year if Jantz would have been significantly better.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I wish we had at least given this kid a chance before setting him up as a disappointment. What was the point of shining the light in Lanning's direction rather than letting him develop? We've done this before, and it always goes badly.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Beat me to it. It's anyones game at this point. Whoever can throw a consistant 10 yard pass under pressure.

I'd say other than Farniok, Tribune and Wimberly, no one has a spot locked down.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron