Show

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
any broadcast without Travis is a better one...single worst radio personality i've ever heard...
Ummm, what was the tool’s name from Omaha area that was on sports radio here a few years back
Travis Justice, he’s still doing the morning rush.
no, there was some other tool, I think he’s back on the east coast now, but he was “local” for a while and was a serious tool

Maybe I’m wrong on the Omaha angle, but he was sports radio here and widely hated

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I would sure be interested to know the listeners' demographics. Like is it really 85% Hawkeye listeners in Central Iowa? Maybe it's just a self-fulfilling prophesy.

I'd expect the lower amount of Cyclone talk in Omaha or Cedar Rapids.

In all fairness, I don't listen to KXNO anymore. I prefer to listen to the podcasts of my choosing.
Iowa fans DOMINATE the calls when they are having a tough year like this one. They can't help but whine and cry... That's why Iowa gets so much run on the air. And trust me, that's coming right from the horses mouth...

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Ummm, what was the tool’s name from Omaha area that was on sports radio here a few years back

no, there was some other tool, I think he’s back on the east coast now, but he was “local” for a while and was a serious tool

Maybe I’m wrong on the Omaha angle, but he was sports radio here and widely hated
Guessing you mean Matt Perrault, not sure what connection he had with Omaha though. He's the clown Walters went off on when Fred was hired.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and HFCS

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Jimmy B?

Steve

Apr 11, 2006

Probably Matt Perrault. He tried to make waves by criticizing Pollard - he failed miserably.

• Winner
Reactions: dosry5

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I can’t stand all the gambling talk constantly on KXNO and have tuned out for that reason. Some of us aren’t degenerates and don’t need to know what ‘your picks’ are for tonight or the weekend. It’s sponsored content that feels like them pushing temptation on people the same way drug dealers do.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I can’t stand all the gambling talk constantly on KXNO and have tuned out for that reason. Some of us aren’t degenerates and don’t need to know what ‘your picks’ are for tonight or the weekend. It’s sponsored content that feels like them pushing temptation on people the same way drug dealers do.
It’s getting to be everywhere, money to buy the time.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

Tri

Sep 10, 2009
I would sure be interested to know the listeners' demographics. Like is it really 85% Hawkeye listeners in Central Iowa? Maybe it's just a self-fulfilling prophesy.

I'd expect the lower amount of Cyclone talk in Omaha or Cedar Rapids.

In all fairness, I don't listen to KXNO anymore. I prefer to listen to the podcasts of my choosing.
KXNO has clearly decided it has a very pro Hawk audience. When your put Heather Burnside as the Cyclone radio personality,up against Downs,Condon and Peterson as the Hawkeye personalities,that’s just plain hilarious and letting Cyclone fans know they’re just not committed to anything even remotely equitable. I tuned out after Williams left. Definitely a self fulfilling prophesy to a large degree.

In there defense however, I did hear it’s very difficult to find a Cyclone grad to work for the money local sports talk pays and finding random fans that didn’t graduate from Iowa State that want that gig is much harder than finding random fans like Condon and Peterson to work those hours for those wages.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I haven't listened for years but Condom may have a serious gambling problem. They'd start talking about the line on some random NEC or SWAC basketball game on a Tuesday night that he had money on.

• Agree
Reactions: FerShizzle

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I can’t think of a single reason to listen to that station. I don’t even have enough drive time to get through all the content I’d listen to before that station. CF + IA Everywhere + comedy podcasts is more than I can absorb.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I haven't listened in the morning since Justice was on there. I guess I can't stand the immaturity.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
In there defense however, I did hear it’s very difficult to find a Cyclone grad to work for the money local sports talk pays and finding random fans that didn’t graduate from Iowa State that want that gig is much harder than finding random fans like Condon and Peterson to work those hours for those wages.
Probably pays better than the overnight shift at Kum and Go or McDonald's where a lot of Hoks seem to work.

Last edited:

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I love to gamble but I get so bored listening to that stuff.