ISU vs Nebby should they play or not?

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
I’m far more open to the idea of putting Nebraska on the basketball schedule than on the football schedule, mostly because it would be 1/35 the season vs 1/12.

I'd love to see ISU regularly rotate through the the bordering state P6 programs - Creighton, Nebraska, Mizzou, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois/Northwestern/DePaul, etc.

Reactions: heitclone

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Hmm..He mopped the floors of Hilton as a kid. Came to Iowa State and became one of the best players in school history. Came back and pulled the program out of a huge mess while recruiting some of the best ambassadors in the likes of Niang, Monte, and Long...yeah, I'd boo the sob. Heck yes bring him back to Hilton! Anyone booing would be an a$$

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I think Dead silence would be a great reaction when they announce him. Not a cheer, not a boo. Just nothing. LIke everyone shuts up. Definetly give him 5 claps at the same time.
Fred would get a thunderous ovation. And I don't get this "fear" of him and Nebraska. They're like the bottom program in the Big Ten.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I just don't get the Fred animosity. It was a pretty widely reported/speculated that Fred would jump from ISU to the right NBA job. When the Bulls job didn't work out, the Husker opening seemed a natural based on his Midwest roots AND family ties to the Huskers. If coaching the Huskers was the best situation for Fred and his family- more power to him.

So I have no issue with ISU playing the Hoiberg's Huskers and it would be a great local game for our non-con schedule. Rather have us play the Huskers than Savannah State!!

Fred's got his money let him enjoy it in Lincoln, no reason to invite him back to Hilton till he is retired.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
You people are unbelievably petty. Fred literally changed the face of D1 BB when he was here. If it weren't for him, there probably wouldn't be a draft portal and rule changes making it easier, (and fairer), for players to go where they are happier, more appreciated, and perhaps better utilized... No matter what people say, most of those changes reflect directly back to Fred.

He grew up here. Hell, when he was a kid, he was a ballboy at Hilton. He played HS ball here, he played college ball here at a level that not many others have. JP took a flyer on him, and boy, did it pay off! And for that, you want to ban him? Man, are you small-minded.

If nothing else, at least for now, we'd get a home and home with a member of a "premier" conference that we should dominate for years to come. Think about it. Nebraska is to NCAA D1 basketball, what Jamaica is to ice fishing.

The guy gave his heart and soul to us for a very long time, and then left to pursue his dream job. He wasn't just thinking about himself, but his family, as well, It didn't turn out the way he'd hoped, but a least he took a chance and chased his dream. Afterwards, he went to another school that needed some serious help, partially I'm sure because his grandfather had a legacy there.

To me, Fred has showed admirable loyalty at every turn, just not always to the program we hold so dear... Instead, he thought also about what would please and/or benefit his family and his future.

I'm pretty sure Fred doesn't now, and never will, have money woes, so he went with his heart. How dare he?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron