Is Self Done at KU

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
ISU gets decimated by injuries and suspensions and goes 4-14 in Big 12 play. Kansas gets decimated by injuries and suspensions and.....

....Bill Self just looks down the bench and says "You know what we say at KU, it's the next bought and paid for McDAA man up.". Just keep rolling the ball out there....

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Do you go to games now?
No. It is already a strain on my family for me to go to Lawrence from Omaha 9 times a year to watch the basketball games I watch. Since my wife works on Saturday mornings until about 1pm, it gets tricky trying to figure out child care. Especially now that my oldest has a bunch of school stuff she needs to do on Saturdays as well.

If I liked college football more then maybe I would do it it but the little time I spend watching football on the weekend goes to the Chiefs on Sundays.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Too bad the NCAA needs KU like they need UNC, otherwise you'd have to edit it when KU would have been forced to vacate wins.
The games happened. The NCAA passes down some faux punishment of vacating wins doesn't change that. Is there any more meaningless punishment possible than vacating wins? Not that I can think of.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Michigan is a great job. Great recruiting brand. Good local recruits. Lots of money. And someone has to fill out the top 10. If not them, then who?

Indiana is a pretty good job but not great. UCLA isn't. Crummy facilities and their place in the game is vastly overrated based on one insane stretch of 15 years that ended decades ago.

Even though it's been mostly under one coach, Syracuse can be listed.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
Hence the use of the phrase "since 2001" in my post.

Perfectly within your character to stop at 2001. You think we are all dummies.

The games happened. The NCAA passes down some faux punishment of vacating wins doesn't change that. Is there any more meaningless punishment possible than vacating wins? Not that I can think of.

Sounds like you're an advocate for the death penalty then?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Beside the Coliseum and KU's oversized bird nest, how many P5 schools actually have a track around their field? Seems kinda high school to me. I just don't care for that type of layout for college football anymore.
Good, because Kansas got rid of it several years ago.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Like I said, its good for you that the NCAA needs KU and UNC basketball.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I doubt it, dude is a Huskerhawk

This is fitting, because I was just thinking how KU hoops could easily go the way of Nebby football. An NCAA crackdown for the Adidas deal and a mediocre coaching hire and you are off and running.

KU hoops has no intrinsic advantages beyond tradition. And like Nebby football, a lot of that tradition was built back when the other schools in the league weren't putting the money and resources into the sport.

KU is in remote flyover country. It is in a low population state with minimal high level recruits. It shares that state with two other D1 programs. They don't have a major budget advantage over others in the league. KU isn't elite academically. Lawrence isn't terribly exciting or unique, it is just another college town. They have good fan support and a great home court advantage, but I don't think that alone can carry them if the talent level drops and the team isn't winning at a high level.

If schools like UCLA and Indiana can fade away, it can certainly happen to KU. And like Nebby football, I think in the current environment they could never get back to the current level if they ever did let things fall off.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Perfectly within your character to stop at 2001. You think we are all dummies

Sounds like you're an advocate for the death penalty then?
I said it matched their best season since 2001. Most people understand that this means that in 2001, they had more than that. I didn't assume you were dummies, quite the opposite. I assumed you understood how basic "most ... since ..." comparisons worked.

There's way better stuff to argue about. This one is a non starter, though. Let's move beyond it.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
This is fitting, because I was just thinking how KU hoops could easily go the way of Nebby football. An NCAA crackdown for the Adidas deal and a mediocre coaching hire and you are off and running.

KU hoops has no intrinsic advantages beyond tradition. And like Nebby football, a lot of that tradition was built back when the other schools in the league weren't putting the money and resources into the sport.

KU is in remote flyover country. It is in a low population state with minimal high level recruits. It shares that state with two other D1 programs. They don't have a major budget advantage over others in the league. KU isn't elite academically. Lawrence isn't terribly exciting or unique, it is just another college town. They have good fan support and a great home court advantage, but I don't think that alone can carry them if the talent level drops and the team isn't winning at a high level.

If schools like UCLA and Indiana can fade away, it can certainly happen to KU. And like Nebby football, I think in the current environment they could never get back to the current level if they ever did let things fall off.
That’s all true and why they are driven to cheat. What’s sad is that even with all that cheating they’re one Brandon Rush healthy knee away from not having any national titles in the last 30+ years.

Being forced to play by the rules and they’re one bad hire from a return to the late Owens era.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Like I said, its good for you that the NCAA needs KU and UNC basketball.
How so? The NCAA has certainly been no friend of KU for the last few years. DeSousa got a longer NCAA ban because his handler got money than the prison sentences handed out to the criminals who gave his handler the money.

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY and CyTwins

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

Lots of irrelevant points in that post.

Kentucky is a flyover state as well. So is Iowa. Irrelevant

Population and size of local recruiting base? Who cares? Iowa State has exactly one scholarship player from the state of Iowa and about 200k more people. Irrelevant.

Number of other D1 schools in Kansas? Irrelevant.

Major budget advantage? My guess is that Kansas spends at least 50% more per season on basketball recruiting than any other Big 12 school thanks to the huge revenue gap in home ticket revenue. You were finally relevant, but completely wrong.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You guys are basing a lot on the assumption that KU will no longer have talented players coming to play for them. Make that foolish assumption at your own peril and be prepared to be disappointed.

LincolnSwinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 10, 2008
You guys are basing a lot on the assumption that KU will no longer have talented players coming to play for them. Make that foolish assumption at your own peril and be prepared to be disappointed.
Your posts can really be summarized as, "HAHAHAHA We recruit (possibly purchase) as many McD AAs as we want and then usually beat teams with 3 and 4 star kids! HAHAHA Aren't we great?! Aren't I great because my team is great!? HAHAHA Why don't you respect us more?"

It really is insufferable.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron