Is Self Done at KU

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
For reference:
Not a single 5 win team played in a bowl last year, the year before, two did in 16-17, three did in 15-16, none in 14-15, none in 13-14, none in 12-13....

So, if you are expecting Kansas to be picked because they won 5 games, that's incredibly optimistic. Your fan base doesn't show up to home games now, has no travel street cred, and you assume a bowl committee would pick them over a (small chance) different 5 win team?
I think KU can get to 6 wins this year in football if their QB pans out.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Kansas was good before they were getting in on top 10 talent and they will be good if they are no longer getting top 10 talent.

Frankly, Self had better results in the years where he doesn't have elite recruits. Less roster turnover, multiyear guys that know the defense better. Sign me up for that again, please.
Kansas has been cheating since Wilt. It’s hard to say what they would be without it, but it’s much closer to late Owens than Self.

• Dislike
Reactions: Acylum

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Right, luck has gone along ways, too, not just cheating.

But let’s also not forget all but the Doke injury is related to cheating. Vick would have been gone had KU been able to bid for recruits as normal, and De Silvio available had KU’s recruiting shadiness not been made public.
What, Vick what? Good grief.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I would HAPPILY cheer for Self to stop recruiting Top 10 players and aim more for guys in the 20-75 range.

You're still butthurt about Cliff aren't you? I remember the game in Hilton when it was obvious to even you he sucked where you changed your avatar that was of him after spending all off season hyping him up

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Not the first time your ignorance includes your own team.
Langford did a Trae Young and went to his hometown school if that's what you're referring to. And if we had started the season without Vick even with no recruit to replace him, we would have been better off. His replacement, Agbaji, could have spent the whole season training with the starters instead of being redshirted and working on the scout team.

Vick disappearing with 10 games to go and no idea if he would be back just added to the chaos. I think we had 7 different starting lineups this year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Langford did a Trae Young and went to his hometown school if that's what you're referring to. And if we had started the season without Vick even with no recruit to replace him, we would have been better off. His replacement, Agbaji, could have spent the whole season training with the starters instead of being redshirted and working on the scout team.

Vick disappearing with 10 games to go and no idea if he would be back just added to the chaos. I think we had 7 different starting lineups this year.

Who decided to redshirt Agbaji?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not sure I agree "on north carolina treatment". This is FBI..not just NCAA. They won't play nice because they don't benefit from their success.. NC was only NCAA right?

This keeps being said yet I keep seeing nobody punished.

Gonna be like other things where years from now the public records will be erased.

But you know what? Everyone who saw it happen still remembers the Fab Five.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyder91

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
False. KU has spent huge money lately in their other sports. Built a beautiful new track & field facility after their women won the 2013 outdoor national title. Rebuilt their baseball facilities. They are currently building a new facility for their volleyball team.

And they have been working big time to upgrade football, both in facilities and in program. Their beautiful new indoor practice facility for football just opened a few weeks ago. I fully expect Kansas to play in a bowl game of some sort this year.

Even this deal was dirty for ku, like everything they do. This is just one article, but the whole Rock Chalk Park deal was super shady.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2018/may/22/rock-chalk-park-started-39-million-deal-ku-now-it/

ku is a dump that can't keep faculty and top administrators are leaving in droves. Attendance continues to suffer while funding is slashed by the state.

"Enrollment at the University of Kansas has grown for the fourth straight year, according to data released today by the Kansas Board of Regents. KU has 28,447 students enrolled across all campuses, an increase of 46 students from last year's September total. It is KU's highest enrollment since 2011."

There have been some improvements on campus, but it was so crappy that they had to do something. ku is a sinking ship and anyone who compares ku's campus to ISU's has never stepped foot in any of the buildings.

FTR - I was on campus 3 times today and kind of know what I'm talking about when it comes to ku and Lawrence news.

Reactions: aauummm and JP4CY

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008

It’s clear to this casual observer that Self pushed Lagerald out the door

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Even this deal was dirty for ku, like everything they do. This is just one article, but the whole Rock Chalk Park deal was super shady.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2018/may/22/rock-chalk-park-started-39-million-deal-ku-now-it/

ku is a dump that can't keep faculty and top administrators are leaving in droves. Attendance continues to suffer while funding is slashed by the state.

"Enrollment at the University of Kansas has grown for the fourth straight year, according to data released today by the Kansas Board of Regents. KU has 28,447 students enrolled across all campuses, an increase of 46 students from last year's September total. It is KU's highest enrollment since 2011."

There have been some improvements on campus, but it was so crappy that they had to do something. ku is a sinking ship and anyone who compares ku's campus to ISU's has never stepped foot in any of the buildings.

FTR - I was on campus 3 times today and kind of know what I'm talking about when it comes to ku and Lawrence news.

ISU has been very fortunate

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
I said it matched their best season since 2001. Most people understand that this means that in 2001, they had more than that. I didn't assume you were dummies, quite the opposite. I assumed you understood how basic "most ... since ..." comparisons worked.

There's way better stuff to argue about. This one is a non starter, though. Let's move beyond it.

You say you don't think we are dummies, yet your posts seem to indicate otherwise. You say "lets move beyond it", but then predictably, you won't even follow your own advice:

I didn't pick a random number. I took the number of losses that Kansas had in Big 12 play this year (6) and went through Iowa State's season by season results until I came to a season that was better than that (the 00-01 season) and then said "since 2001". That's how a sentence structured "our worst (fill in the blank) was as good as your best (fill in the blank) since (fill in the blank)" works.

Good grief, am I in the Twilight Zone? How do you not understand this?

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/since

You certainly didn't hesitate to call yet another poster a dummy, bringing up the very same thing you claimed was to be "moved beyond". You even went the extra mile for all us imbeciles here by linking to the dictionary definition of "since". Good grief.

All of us see thorough the reason you stopped at 2001 - you picked that season on purpose to formulate your put down of Iowa State's basketball. Gold star for you. A stellar put down it was.

You take a lot of grief here, but that's what you constantly try to sow, so it shouldn't come as a surprise. You come off as a low self esteem type who must tromp around trying to blow out other people's candles in order to make yours appear brighter.