Iowa State does have an up with the MWC

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
if Big 12 splits then I could see ISU going to MWC and looks like ISU and few MWC already have good relationships in place due to ISU plays a MWC team every year...

We have played UNLV, Utah next two years and Air Force is on a future schedule and I think UNLV in 10 years ago

The Mook

Jun 26, 2008
Ankeny, IA
www.twitter.com
I wouldn't say we have a good relationship with former UNLV coach Mike Sanford :wink:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCpcAum2BSM]YouTube - UNLV FB Coach Melts Down After Loss to Iowa State (ISU)[/ame]

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
if Big 12 splits then I could see ISU going to MWC and looks like ISU and few MWC already have good relationships in place due to ISU plays a MWC team every year...

We have played UNLV, Utah next two years and Air Force is on a future schedule and I think UNLV in 10 years ago

I don't see how playing a team or two here or there has any bearing on it at all.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

So?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I wouldn't say we have a good relationship with former UNLV coach Mike Sanford :wink:

Pretty sure that coach got fired.

BTW, in your map, you have 14 teams, yet no CU. I cannot see CU getting left out of a MWC. But maybe they go to 16 and add someone like New Mexico or Tulsa or Houston.

sigpic5942_11.gif

I do hope that if this all goes down, the Big 12 schools are the ones doing the inviting rather than the MWC.​

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Ok, I realize this is off topic, but every time I see this video, I wonder

a) was it ever actually reviewed by the refs?

b) was it even close to a touchdown?

(A) Yes.

(B) No. The receiver's first foot came down well over a foot beyond the endline.

The Mook

Jun 26, 2008
Ankeny, IA
www.twitter.com

BTW, in your map, you have 14 teams, yet no CU. I cannot see CU getting left out of a MWC. But maybe they go to 16 and add someone like New Mexico or Tulsa or Houston.

sigpic5942_11.gif

I do hope that if this all goes down, the Big 12 schools are the ones doing the inviting rather than the MWC.​

That's why I referred to him as FORMER coach :wideeyed:

I made that map a week ago when it looked like CU would be in the Pac-16, which I still think they will be

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ

sigpic5942_11.gif

He is likely assuming, like me, that Colorado will go to the Pac-10.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
That's why I referred to him as FORMER coach :wideeyed:

I made that map a week ago when it looked like CU would be in the Pac-16, which I still think they will be

The more I look at your map, the more I likt it. Sure it doesn't capture huge markets, but I think it captures many medium markets. I think that conference could be as good as the Big East, especially if they can somehow get a decent TV which, with those teams, is possible.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
The more I look at your map, the more I likt it. Sure it doesn't capture huge markets, but I think it captures many medium markets. I think that conference could be as good as the Big East, especially if they can somehow get a decent TV which, with those teams, is possible.

And you begin the rivalry of San Diego St.-Kansas. It will be called the Chuck Long Bowl, and in honor of Mr. Long, no trophy will be awarded to the winner.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron