Iowa loses at UNC

cigaretteman

Nov 8, 2006
Iowa
I listened to the game. The Hawks got rattled and back on their heels at first and got down 11-0, and never quite were able to recover. They got back to within 1 twice in the second half, but could never get over the hump.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Interesting game. Iowa was down 42-22 in the first half and fought back in the second. They tried to make up for their size/athletic disadvantage by attempting a mind boggling 37 three point shots (only hitting 11).

North Carolina Tar Heels' Italee Lucas lights up Iowa Hawkeyes - ESPN

I hope Twister Sister fans realize that Iowa is a very good team. To come back on the road is pretty impressive. We will be in for a war over there, but I think my key points still stand - perimeter defense, strong game from the bigs, hit your free throws.

NYCy

Feb 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I hope Twister Sister fans realize that Iowa is a very good team. To come back on the road is pretty impressive. We will be in for a war over there, but I think my key points still stand - perimeter defense, strong game from the bigs, hit your free throws.

I agree with you Acoustimac! You always have such erudite contributions to the discussions on this site and I look forward to reading your observations and analyses of our beloved Twister Sisters. As for Iowa I hear you loud and clear and am very nervous for the game. Bigs MUST show up BIG time. And there is no way a Coach Fen team will allow Iowa 37 three point attempts. Poppens is the Shaq of WBB because the scouting report is: Foul her, she'll miss her freethrows. And basically Schroll and Cole haven't made a three pointer all season so when they're in the game I worry about a sagging defense. Actually for all her struggles Zimmerman is a more versatile player I think because she's been tossing the occasional 3 at key moments. I don't think Iowa has any answer for Prins, Poppens, Zimmerman and especially Christofferson, but I agree with you their 1-2-3 guards are better and more aggressive. We need 15 from Bolte and for others to surprise and hit big ones (Kelsey Harris this is your moment to go 6-for-6).

And I know nobody else here thinks Michigan is any good but they do have the former Green Bay coach as their new head coach and scored 91 points in their last game.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
And I know nobody else here thinks Michigan is any good but they do have the former Green Bay coach as their new head coach and scored 91 points in their last game.

Just to be clear - this is coach Kevin Borseth's 4th year at Michigan. And, no, I don't think they're very good. I'd say the pressure in on for Borseth to start winning in AA. Texas A&M absolutely bombed them.