Iowa fans at ISU

ty4cy90

Apr 27, 2010
Ames/Spirit Lake
It started because someone was unsure why a Michigan fan would go to Ohio State and I pointed out that some schools, like Northwestern, Michigan and Texas have high admission standards and so some fans from those schools have to go to less academically selective institutions. Carry on, though. It's not relevant to the thought process of why an Io_a fan would go to Iowa State. I can't imagine those schools differ much in terms of majors or admissions standards, so it doesn't make any sense to me.

So ignorant.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
I do sense that there is a growing interest in Iowa State amongst the high school crowd. Not sure if that is due to athletics or a much better marketing plan than Iowa. ISU had another increase in instate and OOS applicants this year according to Leath. I have heard that Iowa has had a reduction in instate and OOS applications this year. Unless the yield increases or they get another massive influx of internationals, Iowa could see a smaller frosh class this year.

Listened to Pollard speak a couple of weeks ago about Most state of Iowa kids are going to ISU rather than Iowa. More out of state kids are making up the enrollment at Iowa than state of Iowa kids.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
You're venturing into Marvin Pomerantz territory here. He wanted to eliminate all duplicate programs and make UI the "flagship" with UI-Ames and UI-Cedar Falls as part of the "system".

You mean MARVIN THE POMPASSASS back when ISU was forced to sell WOI TV

Stormwarning

Aug 6, 2013
We need to branch out a little here in southern iowa. I feel like I have the plague down here with all the tavern hawks.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
We need to branch out a little here in southern iowa. I feel like I have the plague down here with all the tavern hawks.

I agree, it's brutal down there. I'm not sure we can do a whole lot to save that part of the state (especially southeast). It's kind of like writing off a state in an election as democratic or republican, don't even waste your resources there.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I agree, it's brutal down there. I'm not sure we can do a whole lot to save that part of the state (especially southeast). It's kind of like writing off a state in an election as democratic or republican, don't even waste your resources there.

The Hawks can have Southern Iowa, and all of the intellect and economic power it brings to the great state of Iowa.

HawkeyeByBirth

Aug 26, 2013
honestly love the campus here and met great people here too. While I still do cheer for the Hawks I will cheer for ISU also. Not a fan of members of CF though..

Last edited:

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
releasing of personal info shouldn't be tolerated, don't care if it's a troll or not.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Definitely. I'm friends with the guy and he just told me what happened. There's some lines we don't need to cross, hawk or not.
exactly, this is the third time this summer this has happened. People saw what happened awhile ago, it was on the "extremely pathetic" level as far as the internet goes.If you can't outdo the "troll" without getting personal, then I don't know what to say.People who were involved with it in the past and today are some good posters and I enjoy reading what they think, but you guys are crossing the line.One time should be enough for action.

Psyclone

Mar 18, 2006
Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids
I'm guessing you either don't get out much, or are exaggerating. Maybe in Des Moines, but I doubt it in CR. I live in the Twin Cities, and I've seen a handful wearing ISU gear. I've seen probably 5 times as many wearing Iowa stuff. If it's like that hear, I'm betting it's probably pretty similar up the road from IC.

I'll backup the original comment about the increase in Cyclone gear in the Cedar Rapids area. First of all Iowa State has had more alumni in Linn County that Iowa. That was true a long time ago and I assume it hasn't changed. But many ISU fans did not show their colors in public. That is what is changing and it has been on an uptick for a number of years now. At the same time it seems the last few years have since a decrease in the Iowa gear. They haven't had a lot to get excited about. Basketball is picking up after really hitting the skids in fan interest, but football enthusiasm is as low as I've ever seen it since before Hayden Fry.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron