Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Iowa's next 4 games are gonna quickly show if they're a pretender or contender. I didn't realize they were ranked #14.

Pitt (6-0 but haven't beaten anyone)
Wisconsin
@MSU
Iowa State

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa's next 4 games are gonna quickly show if they're a pretender or contender. I didn't realize they were ranked #14.

Wisconsin
@MSU
Iowa State

Pitt is atrocious. Iowa will be heavy favorites in that one. The other 3 will be good tests

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Pitt is atrocious. Iowa will be heavy favorites in that one. The other 3 will be good tests

I am going to be honest. I still do not think this Iowa team is ranked. I refuse to let that be real in my mind. I can see them going 0-4 the next 4 games and feel like all is right in the world.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I am going to be honest. I still do not think this Iowa team is ranked. I refuse to let that be real in my mind. I can see them going 0-4 the next 4 games and feel like all is right in the world.

Honestly I don't think Iowa could lose to Pitt if they tried. They went 0-18 in conference play last year and lost all their best players from that squad

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018

Wisconsin
@MSU
Iowa State
I think Iowa is solid, but not 14th ranked good. At the end of the year I believe they’ll be an 7 or 8 seed in the tourney.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

Wisconsin
@MSU
Iowa State

I can see Iowa getting one game from either Wisky, or MSU - although Wisky does have impressive wins over: OU (beat by 20), X and Stanford and their only loss to Virginny.

I can't fell arrogant about our chances in IC until I can see how our play jells after Dec 3 and the return of Talley and Lard. Even still, Iowa will be a tough game and they present some mismatches, especially if Garza & Weiscamp (sp?) continue hitting > 43-45% from trey. Also, they are pesky on the O-rebounds.
Our weakness is outside shooting; which may not be an issue if our speed and transition O is working. but need Wiggs healthy for me to feel we can score in transition against them. The loss in IC two years ago was the worst L of the Prohm era - yes even worse vs Milwaukee, still pizzes me off about our attitude for that game.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
ISU was more worried about their plans for celebrating after the game.
Can you blame them. It was in Iowa City. Home away from home for them. Like HIlton South. Fran has made it a very welcoming place. That is not fair. Fran didn't do it all by himself the 5800 fans also contribute to the atmosphere.

Reactions: Bigman38