I have the flu

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Diarrhea > constipation
So you have that going for ya.
Believe it or not, my brother had both diarrhea and constipation at the same time. He went to the emergency room and they eventually got him straightened out. I thought it was weird and a bit funny.

Last edited:

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
But having diarrhea while also having to vomit, it far from fun. You gotta pick which end takes priority.

Diarrhea always takes precedence. Always. You may be holding a bucket while you're sitting there, but you sit there.

Reactions: bstegs

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
A few years ago I caught a stomach bug that made me vomit 8 times in 24 hours, plus wicked poops. The only good thing about it is that you can lay around in bed all day without feeling like a lazy piece of ****.
Norovirus wiped out the entire family over Christmas. It was 12 straight hours of puking and water coming out the other end. Haven't been that deathly sick for a long long time. My gut still hasn't been back to "normal" since then.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Whole family got norovirus last year. Kids recovered faster but they didn’t always know when a vomit episode was close. Tough to be sick while cleaning up kids vomit. Kids recovered and my wife and I were still sick. The kids pretty much ran around unsupervised while we recovered.

My wife took about three months before she was feeling back to normal stomach-wise.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
A few years ago I caught a stomach bug that made me vomit 8 times in 24 hours, plus wicked poops. The only good thing about it is that you can lay around in bed all day without feeling like a lazy piece of ****.

Having that particular bug at 30 weeks pregnant was one of the least pleasant experiences of my life. Pretty sure it was more than 8 times too. Earned a trip to OB triage and puked 3 times there. Zofran was amazing.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Norovirus wiped out the entire family over Christmas. It was 12 straight hours of puking and water coming out the other end. Haven't been that deathly sick for a long long time. My gut still hasn't been back to "normal" since then.

We got it day after new years this year. 4 yr old somehow missed out but he's currently complaining about tummy hurting off and on so I'll stop talking about it.

Reactions: MJ29

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
But having diarrhea while also having to vomit, it far from fun. You gotta pick which end takes priority.

But do you? I mean the situation sucks but one end takes obvious priority. Which end would you rather aim into a bucket, the trashcan, or clean off the floor.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Que the thread with the guy that puked in his sweat pants while having explosive diarrhea at the same time. Such a classy thread.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Why I hire the whores to do mine. They have smaller hands and they take your mind off it with their other hand.
You’re just excited the filter doesn’t impede you from typing that word.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
I never knew this was a thing. I always had distinctly one or the other. But a few months ago I experienced this exact feeling for the first time and chose the same route as Clonehomer. Frankly I was pretty happy that I was given a choice.

The thing that really sucks though about vomiting and bad diarrhea is that you can rarely get away with just one trip to the bathroom. And then what do you do if it's like 1am? Do you go to bed or just hang out in the bathroom?