Getting Snipped. Post Op Advice

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
So tomorrow morning I am getting snipped.

Anyone have any advice and must haves to get you through the first couple of days.

Also they said I should be OK to drive myself home so I am planning on doing that. Is this a good idea?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Tissues, for the first 60 minutes you realize what you've just done.

Then for the next 60 minutes, when you realize how much more you can do.

CueTheMusic

Aug 16, 2010
Even if you are feeling good the first day or two, make sure you relax and don't slack on icing things down. I think my recovery was slowed down by the fact that I relaxed, but didn't do much icing, and things were pretty painful for the rest of the week.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Look a little pathetic for some extra TLC from the lady in your life for doing this noble thing.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Do NOT have sex 5 hours later .... It really, really hurts.

frozen bag of something... peas, corn .... will be best.

-keep

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Make sure if you are taking anything for the procedure that you take it early so you are okay to drive yourself when the time comes.

Take your ibuprofen when you are supposed to even if you don't feel like you need it.

Go scalpeless.

Wear the tighty whiteys to support the boys for a couple of days.

Good luck, you should be just fine.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
So tomorrow morning I am getting snipped.

Anyone have any advice and must haves to get you through the first couple of days.

Also they said I should be OK to drive myself home so I am planning on doing that. Is this a good idea?

suprised they will let you drive, they made me have someone bring me and wait for me. they gave me some OXY, but it really didn't have much impact on me.

I did mine on a Thursday and played golf on Saturday and Sunday. I did the peas on Thursday, but just had a OXY and a little vodka after that and was fine.

As long as the procedure goes ok, you will be fine.

Don't forget about the 75 releases your wife has to help you out with to ensure that you clean out all the straglers.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
suprised they will let you drive, they made me have someone bring me and wait for me. they gave me some OXY, but it really didn't have much impact on me.

I did mine on a Thursday and played golf on Saturday and Sunday. I did the peas on Thursday, but just had a OXY and a little vodka after that and was fine.

As long as the procedure goes ok, you will be fine.

Don't forget about the 75 releases your wife has to help you out with to ensure that you clean out all the straglers.

Maybe bowling can be substituted for golf this time of year.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
My dad (I know, its kinda awkward) told me when he got snipped, the doc told him to buy a 2x4 and a case of beer.
Dad knew what the case of beer was for but asked what the 2x4 was for and the doc said its to bite down on when he has to pee.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Tissues, for the first 60 minutes you realize what you've just done.

Then for the next 60 minutes, when you realize how much more you can do.

tumblr_lxabu9pzus1r5cjoao1_1280.jpg%3Fw%3D720

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
My dad (I know, its kinda awkward) told me when he got snipped, the doc told him to buy a 2x4 and a case of beer.
Dad knew what the case of beer was for but asked what the 2x4 was for and the doc said its to bite down on when he has to pee.
I think I'd just hold it for a couple days.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
I didn't take my pain meds and went back to my office work that day.

Just don't let your kids (or wife) jump on you.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Two extremes, ones that dont have issues and ones that do. I did. Got infection, was running a 104 degree fever for 2 days even on medication. Lots of pain. And the numbing for the procedure, whelp have fun.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Shave yourself before going in, do not let them dry shave you with a 29 cent disposable bick.

They make you ride with someone else, I don't think they would let you drive home if they gave you a pain killer, you don't want to drive anyway. Let your lady drive you.

Spend the next few days laying around and milking it for all it's worth. You will be fine 24 hrs later, but don't let her know that.