Getting Snipped. Post Op Advice

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
The only real pain I had was when they did the numbing. I was told I was going to feel a tug but it felt like someone pulled my boys through my throat.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Thank you. She might be too good looking. That would be asking for some serious wife-grief.

Only time my wife has seen her is when we saw her at the kids play area at the mall...(she never has to know)...seriously, tell her your doctor is named Margaret Ekroth, she'll be figuring it's a 250# 50 something woman (like I did)

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
The only real pain I had was when they did the numbing. I was told I was going to feel a tug but it felt like someone pulled my boys through my throat.

You know, I heard this too from some of the guys I work with, and I can't explain it unless my doc just injected really slowly (it seemed like it took a long time as far as injections go)...I didn't feel a thing even for that first injection.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
1) Worst part of the experience is the numbing. No questions.
2) Wear your a jock strap 24/7. It seems silly and 1980's, I get that, but just the slightest movement the first couple of days in worth the thought of wearing a jock "Hangover" style.
3) You will need to flush the pipes atleast 50 times, encourage your wife to assist you. (Nice idea, but doubt she will)
4) When you get tired of wearing the jock, wear it for 1 more day. Took mine off and went back to regular boxer briefs, and made it about 6 hours. Had to put it back on.
5) Plan a sex party with your wife in celebration when you test negative. Send the kids to the grandparents and I guarantee you she'll be waiting for you to get home.

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
mine hurt like hell for some reason . I dont know why i guess maybe i was expecting it to be nothing, but when they say you might feel some pressure they mean its now going to hurt. The way it felt i was wondering if they were doing both at the same time . Then he says ok we got one done. I'm pretty good with pain , but i got the cold sweats. I used a lot of frozen corn. Seemed to do the trick. A few days later i was fine , but yeah wasn't great fun. And whatever you do dont say what i did to my wife. When we were at the dr office they go through all this stuff to make sure you really want to do this. And my wife figured i owed her to do this instead of her getting her tubes tied. But i said well child birth is natural , someone cutting on my nuts is not! She still gets pissy about it 4 years later. lol

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
You let a Hawkeye that close to your junk with sharp objects? You, my friend, are a brave one. :twitcy:

Hey....I'll give 'em credit...I let hawkeyes be my doctors and fast food servers, cyclones for growing my food and doing my engineery stuff.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
suprised they will let you drive, they made me have someone bring me and wait for me. they gave me some OXY, but it really didn't have much impact on me.

I did mine on a Thursday and played golf on Saturday and Sunday. I did the peas on Thursday, but just had a OXY and a little vodka after that and was fine.

As long as the procedure goes ok, you will be fine.

Don't forget about the 75 releases your wife has to help you out with to ensure that you clean out all the straglers.

75 are you kidding me? In what timeframe? i'm not even sure I'm physically capable of that.

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
I'm not going to read the thread, but follow up with everything your doctor says to do. Especially any follow up testing.

My sister and brother in law added child number 4 because he did not do that.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Hey....I'll give 'em credit...I let hawkeyes be my doctors and fast food servers, cyclones for growing my food and doing my engineery stuff.

growing food and engineery stuff doesn't seem as important when a hawk literally has you by the balls. I'm curious, did you let her know that you were a cyclone fan before the snip?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Ow.:swoon:
Ow.:wideeyed:
Ow.:shocked:
Ow.:sad:
Ow.:unsure:
WOW.:yes::twitcy::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron