Friday OT #2 - Chewing The Scenery

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
And Darth Vader might be the most interesting of any of them.

Although...is he a secondary character?

He's the main villain, so not secondary. That would be more like if Grand Mof Tarkin stole the show from Darth Vader.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
These two. Every time they were onscreen!
4cbc3e7e290fd33fe2651ab2b77f1cb7--firefly-serenity-love-your.jpg
Hey. It's Steve the Pirate.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

That's interesting as ****. Two of the best comedic minds ever and that's the only scene they've ever been in together?

Is there a reason for that? Do they not like each other? Or was that just too much "star power", and possibly ego, for one movie to handle?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
When I read about the making of it, I thought it was fascinating how loose the script was and they just relied on the actors' improvisational skills.

From what I understand, the script for the scene where Chevy Chase hits the golf ball into Bill Murray's shack was basically "Chevy Chase hits a ball into Bill Murray's shack". They pretty much improvised that whole scene.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That's interesting as ****. Two of the best comedic minds ever and that's the only scene they've ever been in together?

Is there a reason for that? Do they not like each other? Or was that just too much "star power", and possibly ego, for one movie to handle?
There was originally no scene with them together hence the unscripted scene being shot. I'm certainly glad they gave it a shot.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Sam Rockwell holds is own against McDormand in Three Billboards.

Charlize is billed as second fiddle in Mad Max but she's really the star.

Sam Elliot in The Contender

Sam Rockwell and David Morse and Doug Hutchinson all steal the thunder from Hanks and Clarke Duncan in Green Mile.

Chris Cooper in American Beauty

Janelle Monet in Moonlight

Peter Stormare in basically anything

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron