Doyle cost Epenesa millions

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The percentages of how often he gets doubled are out there and it's really low. I want to say on Twitter it was under 10% of the snaps

We ask know JGJ has been very inconsistent in his career and he worked him one on one all game

I said there was a good chance he could be the next KGB from the packers. Great pass rusher but not an every down player.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
PFF and the eye test have it for Iowa once again

I only watched their game against us, and some of the Michigan game while waiting for ours to start.

I didn’t really notice him at all in the time I watched.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
What was Alaric's injury? They referenced his lack of foot speed in this article.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Any predictions for the PSU game? I think iowa gets rolled in flower in this one.
giphy.gif

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Any predictions for the PSU game? I think iowa gets rolled in flower in this one.

Iowa's only chance is to jump on them early and get up like 10 or 14 but I can't see Iowa winning this one. If Iowa can't run the football and has to be one dimensional the Penn State D will eat chunkles alive. Offensively Iowa just doesn't have the horses. They've face two good defenses and both made them look pretty pedestrian. On defense I don't see Iowa matching up with Penn States skill and speed plus they are facing a QB that is actually capable of throwing a forward pass...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa's only chance is to jump on them early and get up like 10 or 14 but I can't see Iowa winning this one. If Iowa can't run the football and has to be one dimensional the Penn State D will eat chunkles alive. Offensively Iowa just doesn't have the horses. They've face two good defenses and both made them look pretty pedestrian. On defense I don't see Iowa matching up with Penn States skill and speed plus they are facing a QB that is actually capable of throwing a forward pass...
The key to this game for Iowa is turnovers and dumb mistakes made by Penn State.. If Penn State lays an egg, Iowa will probably win this game because that's the type of team they are. So far, Penn State has looked like a really good football team and if they play like that on Saturday, this game might not be close.

• Agree
Reactions: throwittoblythe

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
What was Alaric's injury? They referenced his lack of foot speed in this article.

Alaric Jackson and Collin Newell had the same injury on the same day. Notice Iowa State held back their player as he wasn't quite ready. Captain Kirk sent him out there and he was exposed all game long. Not shocking with Kirk's reputation for playing injured players

• Agree
Reactions: Brandon

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Penn State isn’t KF’s Super Bowl, but it’s at least conference championship level. For Penn St it’s playing that pesky MAC team that copied the Steelers uniforms and shows up on the schedule every so often.

Iowa will be ready and if they get the bounces to go their way, will win imo.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Penn State isn’t KF’s Super Bowl, but it’s at least conference championship level. For Penn St it’s playing that pesky MAC team that copied the Steelers uniforms and shows up on the schedule every so often.

Iowa will be ready and if they get the bounces to go their way, will win imo.
And on the flip side, if Penn State plays a clean game they might win by 14+. This game will determine how good Penn State really is.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
In that sense it’s similar to our game with Iowa, who has the ability to muck up games.
I agree. Iowa is good at what they do. If Penn State can keep an up beat tempo, and then score when given the opportunities, it could be a long night in Kinnick. If Penn State plays into Iowa's hands, it'll be a dog fight to the very end.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
He has to play contain first. It’s stupid because he should be allowed to go nuts and be the freakish monster he is athletically but Kirk and Parker want him to play the run
What about on passing downs? How about passing plays with no play action? Does he just take those plays off?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Alaric Jackson and Collin Newell had the same injury on the same day. Notice Iowa State held back their player as he wasn't quite ready. Captain Kirk sent him out there and he was exposed all game long. Not shocking with Kirk's reputation for playing injured players
I hate to defend anything Hawkeye related, but no 2 injuries are the same. Especially with 2 different people.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
The key to this game for Iowa is turnovers and dumb mistakes made by Penn State.. If Penn State lays an egg, Iowa will probably win this game because that's the type of team they are. So far, Penn State has looked like a really good football team and if they play like that on Saturday, this game might not be close.

Yeah, iowa thrives on mistakes. That's how they beat us and how they beat any good team. If PSU limits mistakes, they are good enough to win by 2 TDs. If they put the ball up for grabs, then it will be a close game that iowa can win. Gotta play patient and keep big mistakes to a minimum against them. Michigan dialed up the blitz, but they also didn't get impatient on offense giving iowa short fields.

AJE...for sure he's getting chipped and schemed for. He's a hell of a player, but he's not good enough to routinely overcome that and their staff for some reason isn't willing to move him around for better opportunities. That and the rest of their DL isn't good enough to take advantage of people scheming to stop one guy.

Reactions: heitclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
If he is getting doubled every play, then their defensive staff is to blame for his lack of production. Lining up and doing the same thing every play makes him easy to scheme against. Iowa's greatest strength is sticking with what they do and being consistent, it usually works for them but situations like this, it backfires.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah, iowa thrives on mistakes. That's how they beat us and how they beat any good team. If PSU limits mistakes, they are good enough to win by 2 TDs. If they put the ball up for grabs, then it will be a close game that iowa can win. Gotta play patient and keep big mistakes to a minimum against them. Michigan dialed up the blitz, but they also didn't get impatient on offense giving iowa short fields.

AJE...for sure he's getting chipped and schemed for. He's a hell of a player, but he's not good enough to routinely overcome that and their staff for some reason isn't willing to move him around for better opportunities. That and the rest of their DL isn't good enough to take advantage of people scheming to stop one guy.
I completely agree with this. I was one of the people on this site who said AJ was very elite and will be a for sure first rounder. Now, we'll see how the rest of the year plays out, but so far this season I have been everything but impressed. And I know, my opinion doesn't matter, but people with much more respected opinions are now saying the same thing. Sure he's been a key focus for most offenses, but so are other elite players that are still putting up elite numbers. Epenesa needs to flip the switch and do it fast.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I completely agree with this. I was one of the people on this site who said AJ was very elite and will be a for sure first rounder. Now, we'll see how the rest of the year plays out, but so far this season I have been everything but impressed. And I know, my opinion doesn't matter, but people with much more respected opinions are now saying the same thing. Sure he's been a key focus for most offenses, but so are other elite players that are still putting up elite numbers. Epenesa needs to flip the switch and do it fast.
I feel like unless you're a bosa or something you need elite production to be a 1st round DE.