DVD to iPod Ripper??

JRCampy

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Sorry for the completely random topic...

I received an iPod Touch from my wonderful fiancee for Christmas and am interested in copying DVD's from my personal collection to it. I have been unable to locate a suitable freeware application to do this. I've been trying to use Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platnium 4, but have been having major video to sound syncing issues. Does anybody out there know of a free program that would be able to do this for me?? Thanks in advance!!

-James

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
The best thing out there by far is Handbrake. It's available for OS X, Windows, and Linux. It has really handy presets built in for the iPhone (among others), which is what you need for iPod touch videos. Download, install, hit the "iPhone" setting, and let it work. Don't mess with any other software; this is the best you can get for what you need to do, and it's free.

HandBrake

Fletch

Apr 10, 2006
DVDFab Decrypter - Platinum

Free for 30 days and its money. When they update to a new version its free for another 30 days then too.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
I have the touch as well. These instructions are very easy and include links for free downloads of the two software packages you will need.

How to convert DVD movies for the iPod or iPhone in Windows

It takes a roughly an hour and a half to rip, convert, and load each movie. It took me a couple of tries, but once I became familiar with the process it has worked every time. I am far from a tech geek, so if I can do it, anybody can.

Reactions: dmclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron