DirecTv tailgate setup?

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Need a new setup for DirecTv for tailgating. A few years ago I was using the Winegard Carryout but that no longers works as I believe DTV got rid of their standard def sats.

I have a H24 receiver so now need to find a compatible satellite. Would prefer something that self aligns. So what is everyone using?

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I started doing the DISH TV setup for the first time during these last few seasons amidst the pandemic. The King Tailgater 4 has worked beautifully for me.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I started doing the DISH TV setup for the first time during these last few seasons amidst the pandemic. The King Tailgater 4 has worked beautifully for me.
I shld just dump DTV and go with Dish as they seem to have quite a few options. Seems like King is mostly geared for Dish and not DTV.

• Winner

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Dish has the better set up for tailgating, we have never been able to get DTV to work with a crap. The tailgater uses Dish, which works very well.

• Winner

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Anyone using the Winegard G3 Carryout this year with DTV? Winegard says it will work but I have my doubts this is true.

Ingynow

RIP CHC
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 3, 2017
Omaha, NE
I have dish. Works great. We have the "RV" package that you can pay by month and shut service on and off. We have the Wally receiver and Winegard Pathway X2 dish.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Need a new setup for DirecTv for tailgating. A few years ago I was using the Winegard Carryout but that no longers works as I believe DTV got rid of their standard def sats.

I have a H24 receiver so now need to find a compatible satellite. Would prefer something that self aligns. So what is everyone using?
Have you tried your H24 with your Carryout? I was always told that DTV was going away from streaming STD channels, but they had been saying that for years. I had that same setup and it worked great. Now that was 2 years ago and I switched to Dish, which I totally agree, has been easier to setup then DTV was.

CycoWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 15, 2016
Nebraska
I have avoided auto tuning dishes because of tech issues and non hd. I've been running two dtv receivers with a regular home swm dish leveled on the ground for 15 years. 10 mins to set up and tune. Works great.

Reactions: yler4cy

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Have you tried your H24 with your Carryout? I was always told that DTV was going away from streaming STD channels, but they had been saying that for years. I had that same setup and it worked great. Now that was 2 years ago and I switched to Dish, which I totally agree, has been easier to setup then DTV was.
I couldnt get it to work last year so pretty confident they pulled the plug on their STD (giggle).

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I have avoided auto tuning dishes because of tech issues and non hd. I've been running two dtv receivers with a regular home swm dish leveled on the ground for 15 years. 10 mins to set up and tune. Works great.
Maybe I shld try this route … thanks.