DeJulius Thread: What I'm hearing

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
It was announced he changed his time to tomorrow, but there was a rumor he might end up still announcing today. So stay alert and keep that nut cup handy.

Well this sucks. Now I have to start drinking this morning with the possibility I will have to continue all the way into tomorrow.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Yeah, I had one bit of insider info on Race Thompson a couple years back. Dude I work with and his son had played basketball, football and baseball growing up and went to the same HS. I was told Race loved ISU and everything about the coaching staff, was at a point of almost wanting to commit. Shortly after, we started not reaching out to him as much, and prioritized others. Some came at me for posting it, or asked me for more info, but at that point, ISU pulled themselves out so it was moot. Some people hang too much on slivers of info, others (most) understand it's a fluid game and not an easy one.

I think peoples expectancy to get transfers is still rooted in our revolutionizing the transfer market, and assume we are still a level ahead of other schools out there in the market. Which is unfortunately not the case, whether you want to blame prohm or the fact that every high-to-mid major is shopping now. Positive about what seems to be a fall off of percentage landed, is there are far more in the portal to go after if you don't land your first choice(s) lol.

I really wanted Race. Thought he would be perfect in our system. Turns out he's had a pretty unremarkable career at Indiana thus far.

Reactions: aauummm

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
That concerns me too. I can't really tell if we are confident in our compliance department or confident in the potential rule change, but I can say that Iowa State is confident they can get this kid on the court next year. That part is honestly a bit of a mystery to me but hopefully we will see it happen.
i have a feeling every kid that transfers is probably going to get on the court next year regardless of how the vote goes on immediate eligibility.

The fact this vote is happening kind of points to a plan B scenario should it get turned down

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
My Crystal Ball: Cincinnati
Dang that sucks. I am by no means a big Prohm supporter but I was hoping he could turn it around. I do feel for him as I am sure he really wants to do well at ISU and all these transfers passing up ISU has to be tough. Especially with continually getting in the top 4ish. I get that it is part of the job but I am sure it still sucks big time.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
The best leak we ever had on this board was when Jeremy ran the site and TJ Otzelberger's dad would tell us whats up on a private basketball board they had for invited members of this board only. They did away with that board when they redesigned the site years ago. However, he would tell us exactly what recruits we were going to get. It was pretty cool.
The private board was awesome, the good old days! LOL

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Solid offseason so far for Iowa State..

HEY THERE WILL BE MORE TRANSFERS! STOP FREAKING OUT, YOU PEOPLE ARE INSANE THAT ARE QUESTIONING THE GUY THAT PUT A COUPLE GUYS IN THE NBA AND WON THE BIG 12 TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP WITH 4 PRO'S!

(sarcasm for those of you who are dense)

Reactions: ATCy

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Remember all the "we will just replace them with high impact transfers" takes when half our team transferred? Those were the days.

Reactions: CycloneErik

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Cincy is a non-power 6 program, Brannen is in his second year (previously at N. Kentucky) after a very average 20-10 year with Cumberland and Tre Scott. Difficult to understand this decision unless it is as simple as Cincy has the best chance of the 4 of making the NCAA Tournament.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Cincy is a non-power 6 program, Brannen is in his second year (previously at N. Kentucky) after a very average 20-10 year with Cumberland and Tre Scott. Difficult to understand this decision unless it is as simple as Cincy has the best chance of the 4 of making the NCAA Tournament.

Cincy consistently has good coaching.
Cincy consistently wins.
We have Prohm.

It sucks, but it's really not a tough one.

Help Support Us

Become a patron