DeJulius Thread: What I'm hearing

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
So the reason he delayed his announcement is because Michigan is making a push to keep him after everything went down yesterday. I'm told there is a now a chance of that happening. I thought there was no way that would happen after he sent out his "goodbye", but it seems to be a real possibility now. It's looking like it's between us and them right now.

Makes since Christopher was thought to be a lock for UM for a month and Todd did have concerns on leaving but the double announcement suddenly opened playing time back up for DD.
Not a surprised someone talked DD into a short delay in announcing at least hearing Howard out a return Michigan with promises of playing time and not having to sit out.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Makes since Christopher was thought to be a lock for UM for a month and Todd did have concerns on leaving but the double announcement suddenly opened playing time back up for DD.
Not a surprised someone talked DD into a short delay in announcing at least hearing Howard out a return Michigan with promises of playing time and not having to sit out.
Exactly. I still hope this kid realizes Michigan basically was recruiting over him. It's like someone cheating on their girlfriend with a hot chick, getting rejected by the hot chick, and then coming back to their girlfriend. You just hope the girlfriend isn't dumb enough to stay.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Yet you are reading through a recruiting thread, so you are looking for recruiting information. Seems like you do care.

I don’t really get. Well, actually I do, they just want attention.

It’s like the people who open the TV show/movie threads just to post that they hate it. If it was just that, you wouldn’t have opened the thread in the first place

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Do you want people to stop sharing recruiting information? Because this is how you make people stop sharing recruiting information.

There are quite a few (no less than 5-6) people on this board that have really good info. One of the keys to having access to “inside information” is understanding if (1) giving the information to a freaking public board is prudent and (2) if you are just being a shill for someone on the staff.

You are correct on some of your information but literally telling the board you will “text your guy and let us know” is insane. That would have been insane under the Hoiberg staff let alone the CSP staff. If I’m the source inside the mbb program I would make damn sure to cut all info from someone like this. Unless of course you are related to a member of the staff in which case I understand the shill aspect of things a bit more.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Exactly. I still hope this kid realizes Michigan basically was recruiting over him. It's like someone cheating on their girlfriend with a hot chick, getting rejected by the hot chick, and then coming back to their girlfriend. You just hope the girlfriend isn't dumb enough to stay.
I hope he sees the success nearly all Prohm pgs have!

That said, the risk of having to sitout would be tough.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don’t really get. Well, actually I do, they just want attention.

It’s like the people who open the TV show/movie threads just to post that they hate it. If it was just that, you wouldn’t have opened the thread in the first place

I read the comments after SNL videos just to see how long it takes for "don't care, don't watch anymore, not funny anymore."

Reactions: isutrevman

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Do you want people to stop sharing recruiting information? Because this is how you make people stop sharing recruiting information.

That information will stop flowing pretty quickly once the staff knows he is literally leaking an hour by hour progress report to cyclone fanatic.

Last edited:

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
I hope he sees the success nearly all Prohm pgs have!

That said, the risk of having to sitout would be tough.
That concerns me too. I can't really tell if we are confident in our compliance department or confident in the potential rule change, but I can say that Iowa State is confident they can get this kid on the court next year. That part is honestly a bit of a mystery to me but hopefully we will see it happen.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Then why are you even following this thread, let alone replying to a poster you has consistently been posting what CW did before CW.

You know damn well that staffs (football or basketball) don’t like this information being as public as it is currently being made. Unless this guy is a family member of the staff then it’s not going to last.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Well, there would be zero information flow if he's not leaking it in the first place.

I have a difficult time believing that a member of the staff is saying “here is what is going on....by the way make sure you post we have a 90-95% of landing this guy (3 days from now) on cyclonefanatic.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
You know damn well that staffs (football or basketball) don’t like this information being as public as it is currently being made. Unless this guy is a family member of the staff then it’s not going to last.

The thing is it doesn't always have to come from the staff there are others around that are privy to the info that readily pass it on.

I know someone in the fb realm who isn't "staff" but they are always around and knows pretty much everything going on. They aren't worried about what they pass on and if I tell it.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I have a difficult time believing that a member of the staff is saying “here is what is going on....by the way make sure you post we have a 90-95% of landing this guy (3 days from now) on cyclonefanatic.
We get it you’re jealous.

Will it last? Not sure, don’t care. But I’ll enjoy it while it’s here!

As always, what to believe on any forum is on the reader

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007

I hope history is a lesson for DD.

There once was a PG with the same first and last initials from Michigan who dreamed of playing for Michigan so much so that he decided to play for Michigan. Michigan wanted someone more than they wanted this PG and recruited over him. So this PG decided to go to ISU. He was given a chance to develop his skills and learn from great PG coaches. He eventually became one of the best PGs in the nation, made an NBA roster, worked his tail off, seized every opportunity presented to him and is now one of the best 6th men in the NBA despite being a little undersized.

DD please talk to MM and know which path is the best for you.

Reactions: Snydes

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
That information will stop flowing pretty quickly once the staff knows he is literally leaking an hour by hour process report to cyclone fanatic.
I had some great info back when we were getting the South end zone. What I posted was deleted and the thread closed. Needless to say I burnt a bridge to bring cool stuff here and realized I might have put my source in "danger". Now I don't bring it here. Especially since most won't believe you, and I figured why do I need credit from a bunch of people I will never meet. What's the point of that?

Reactions: JP4CY

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
That concerns me too. I can't really tell if we are confident in our compliance department or confident in the potential rule change, but I can say that Iowa State is confident they can get this kid on the court next year. That part is honestly a bit of a mystery to me but hopefully we will see it happen.

As Twins has indicated in the past our compliance department is elite. On the merits it will be more difficult then Bolton but the feeling is that Co-Vid 19 lowers the bar significantly.

Reactions: Snydes