"Daily Highlights" video

azhuth09

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 6, 2012
Des Moines, IA
Just wanted to add in my opinion that the daily highlights popup video on the home screen and in articles is incredibly annoying. It already shows exactly what scrolls through the front page, so I don't see a need for it anyway.

My $.02

Carry on.

For me it doesn't even show what's on the front page, it just cycles through Wayfair and Rocket Mortgage ads.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Just started getting this and not a fan at all. I hate autoplay videos and then when you scroll down it just gets more annoying as it's bigger and is very "look at me".

Another reason to use AdblockPro I suppose. Although I can't get it to stop the popup one.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It also obscures the right side of the text in posts so you can't really even just ignore it. It is not a value added thing. Every time I close it it just pops up again on the next page.

Count me as another who is not a fan.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and jbindm

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
upload_2018-5-9_15-20-27.png

This MASSIVE viedo on Duke basketball isn't fun..

I had an adblocker installed and this just started today. Chris, I'm ready to start paying for the site if this is needed to keep the site free

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
The pop up video in the corner is really annoying. You close it and then move on to the next age of a thread and there it is playing again. If I want to watch a video, I will watch in the articles I open.

• Winner

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
The pop up video in the corner is really annoying. You close it and then move on to the next age of a thread and there it is playing again. If I want to watch a video, I will watch in the articles I open.
It's started doing this for me as well. Used to be just on home screen and in articles. Now it's in the forums as well

• Agree

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Just wanted to add in my opinion that the daily highlights popup video on the home screen and in articles is incredibly annoying. It already shows exactly what scrolls through the front page, so I don't see a need for it anyway.

My $.02

Carry on.

Dilly Dilly

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Count me in as one who is annoyed by it. It can be mostly blocked.