SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Continuous pop up vids on my phone:
giphy.gif

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Don't know if it's the video or what, but this site has been almost unusable on mobile and data the last few days.

It burns through my battery faster than you can blink with all the garbage that runs on it.

I get needing to make revenue and make money, I’m a business guy, but this is killing the product.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
So annoying. If it happened once a day it'd be bearable but every single new page makes it incredibly frustrating
This probably explains why my data usage this month has been about double the usual amount. Does anyone have a solution on Android that blocks the pop-up video?

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Thanks for your input guys.

This was never supposed to display on mobile. We fixed that on Friday so it shouldn't be showing up on your phones. Frustrating problem for me as that video pays us 5 to 6 times what a normal ad would.

Is it problematic for you guys on desktop too? That's the only place I currently have it displaying.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Thanks for your input guys.

This was never supposed to display on mobile. We fixed that on Friday so it shouldn't be showing up on your phones. Frustrating problem for me as that video pays us 5 to 6 times what a normal ad would.

Is it problematic for you guys on desktop too? That's the only place I currently have it displaying.
It just gets very annoying having to X out of it on every single page of the forums

g4ce

Feb 6, 2018
Screw it I just sent the developer a note to remove this altogether. I'll have to figure something else out.

@ChrisMWilliams I appreciate your work on this site. Just a thought but personally I am much more inclined to watch an ad if it is reasonably time weighted. Meaning I'll watch a 30 second full screen ad no problem if it means I can browse ad free for the next 2 hours. That is just my opinion and others may disagree. Just something to think about.

Once again thanks for all you do.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
@ChrisMWilliams I appreciate your work on this site. Just a thought but personally I am much more inclined to watch an ad if it is reasonably time weighted. Meaning I'll watch a 30 second full screen ad no problem if it means I can browse ad free for the next 2 hours. That is just my opinion and others may disagree. Just something to think about.

Once again thanks for all you do.

I appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately options like that do not currently exist. We have to go with the options that we have. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron