CMC too the Vikings?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Article states CMC was seen at the Vikings game on the sidelines.... https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/matt-campbell-chicago-bears-nfl-rumors/amp/

I am 99% certain he was just there to watch David and Kene play and 100% certain the Wilfs wouldn't have their next head coach target on the sidelines with Zimmer coaching his last game. Sure, Campbell could be a candidate (even though I doubt they go the college route), but just because he was at that game is a nothing burger.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
This isn’t college football. They don’t just center in on one guy and have him come in with the boosters.

They interview at least 15+ candidates.

Reactions: aauummm

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This isn’t college football. They don’t just center in on one guy and have him come in with the boosters.

They interview at least 15+ candidates.
This. Not to mention they haven't hired a GM yet. That's going to happen first, and the GM will have a significant amount of input into the next coach. CMC may indeed be a candidate, but him attending the game isn't necessarily an indication of anything.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
It means he is going to coach Iowa State and the Vikings too.
8be.jpg

Reactions: UnCytely

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
I honestly still wonder if the NFL ranks are as high on CMC as they were a year or two ago.

Not even about on field success.More about how he’s explained his goals for his team. Doesn’t seem like something that NFL players would translate with.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
If Kyle can do the Cedar Falls to Ames commute every day, Matt could do the Ames / Twin Cities thing with the resources an NFL franchise has...
There's talk of a high-speed train between Chicago and the Twin Cities. They could just have it go to Des Moines instead of Chicago. Seems like a wise allocation of resources.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
This. Not to mention they haven't hired a GM yet. That's going to happen first, and the GM will have a significant amount of input into the next coach. CMC may indeed be a candidate, but him attending the game isn't necessarily an indication of anything.

Many people are saying that JP is a candidate for the Minnesota GM position. If that happens, CMC is gone!

Sorry, just channeling my best ******** line from someone we all know.