CFN has us going...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
I am really shocked they have us beating A&M. Looking at that schedule its going to be really tough to get back to a bowl game. I really think that if we can beat Iowa it might give us the momentum we need to establish some swagger and pull off a few upsets.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I think 5-7 to 7-5 depending on injuries and momentum

I agree with this, but I'll toss in 4-8 as a so-called worst case scenario. 4 to 7 wins is the range I wouldn't be at all surprised with. Once you talk about 3-9 or worse, and 8-4 or better, is when I just don't see it happening.

A 6 win season would be absolutely tremendous.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Right now, with all the question marks on offense 4 wins is a fair assumption. If guys come along at the skill positions on offense I could see pusing for a bowl, but when you think about the fact that we only return a couple guys who had any impact on offense last year, and play a pretty tough schedule, you can see where they're coming from.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
I agree with this, but I'll toss in 4-8 as a so-called worst case scenario. 4 to 7 wins is the range I wouldn't be at all surprised with. Once you talk about 3-9 or worse, and 8-4 or better, is when I just don't see it happening.

A 6 win season would be absolutely tremendous.

Based on what we've seen out of our offense so far with Tiller running it, I can definitely see 3-9 or worse if he is the starter and not improved dramatically from last year.

If we can get average QB play, then I don't think a bowl game is out of the question. Better than average QB play and I would be disappointed if we don't make a bowl.

I think there are many reasons to expect the defense to be better, so it really hinges on whether the offense can finally make an impact. With so much change on the offense, however, it's really questionable whether that will happen.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
CFN sucks annually. Last year they picked OKSt to be the most disappointing team and Colorado to be the most surprising. And they had KU winning 5 games and us winning 4.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Sorry to be a pessimist. I'd be pleasantly surprised by four wins and out-and-out shocked by anything more than that. In no way a reflection of my feelings about CPR or the team. Quite honestly I think this will be CPR's best team yet, but that schedule is so awful I don't think it's going to show up in W-L record.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I guess I'd be vaguely disappointed with a 4 win season. I think the talent level and coaching staff are good enough to get anywhere from 5-7 wins out of the schedule. Let's say they jump out of the gate 3-0. Not that big a stretch, really. UNI is a game they should win, nobody really knows how good Iowa will be, and UCONN is a team in flux with a new coaching staff and new system. Then let's say they eke out wins at Baylor or Texas Tech, KU, and K State. There's your six wins and bowl eligibility.

QBUMizzou

Jul 21, 2011
Are there any teams that you would list as unbeatable on your schedule?

I don't think so. The closest would be Oklahoma. Iowa may be too tall of a task. OK State is pretty tough this year.

I think K-State is a win, Kansas is a definite win, Northern Iowa is a win, TTU is a maybe, A&M is a maybe, Texas is a maybe, UConn is totally beatable, Texas, Baylor and Mizzou are not good enough to consider automatic losses.

I can easily see 5-7 ISU wins.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Are there any teams that you would list as unbeatable on your schedule?

I don't think so. The closest would be Oklahoma. Iowa may be too tall of a task. OK State is pretty tough this year.

I think K-State is a win, Kansas is a definite win, Northern Iowa is a win, TTU is a maybe, A&M is a maybe, Texas is a maybe, UConn is totally beatable, Texas, Baylor and Mizzou are not good enough to consider automatic losses.

I can easily see 5-7 ISU wins.

Oklahoma is unbeatable in Norman. A&M and OSU would both be huge upsets. I agree with the rest of your analysis however.