Bill Self won't coach past 60?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Hopefully that pick comes from the litter box : a Ron Price of basketball would do just nicely.

Oh I agree but don't hold your breath... Hell, I would be fine with another Roy Williams! Self is the total package and I do think he will be hard to replace.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
either that or close to it.
1) there are few places that have the fan support and are willing to support the basketball team like Iowa State
2) most of the schools that are better are blue bloods looking for top tier coaches who have national championship caliber resumes or have some connection to the coaching tree or the school.
3) he can get paid a lot of money at ISU these days and that along with stability makes it more likely for coaches to stay at their current job. See Few at Gonzaga or Marshall at Wichita State.
4) What schools would be a better job? UCLA, Duke, UNC, KU, UK, MSU, Zona, Louisville. I guarantee that most of these schools with their next head coach will pull from coaching tree and connection to school or go big and try to get a guy like Donovan. They aren't going to hire Prohm if all he has done is get to some sweet sixteens. And I don't know if some of those schools like Duke and MSU will remain the top dogs once their coaches retire. If someone like Kentucky comes calling it is because Prohm has been taking ISU to final fours.

Just remember tOSU offered Greg McDermott

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron