Ball state added to Schedule

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
ADs and coaches have been open about their lack of knowledge. Their job is to prepare as if they will be playing until it's officially canceled. Part of the process is already underway, and so far, it seems like they've handled outbreaks well.

What we've learned so far is that a bubble is preferable to traveling. Baseball's experiment will hopefully teach the decision makers a few more things. Fall camp might teach them a few more. Adding a game isn't delusion, it's preparation in the event that we learn enough to proceed safely.
Careful, you can get sh*t on around here for having hope.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
MmV9.gif

Morgan should really be wearing an ISU hat in that gif.

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That may be, but what about other sports. Cross country or tennis for example? Where is the risk in tennis; handling each other's balls, maybe?
Woah there. This is a family website.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Perception changes so quickly in the current media landscape. Anyone that acts like they know what's going to happen is just guessing. The ADs are beholden to the media and liberal administrations at most universities (I say that as a liberal) just as much as they are to the science. If we start seeing any type of progress in the current hotspots, it might be enough to get the media to back off the narrative, which is why we see the "If you want this, do this" messaging from most ADs.

I'm cautiously optimistic. To me, Bowlsby's comments seem to be laying the groundwork for a season that is played by ear - similar to what we're seeing with baseball. If it becomes apparent that they can't control the spread, they will call it. But Bowlsby seems to be saying "It's not going to be pretty, so get used to it" in his latest comments.

Reactions: aauummm

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Perception changes so quickly in the current media landscape. Anyone that acts like they know what's going to happen is just guessing. The ADs are beholden to the media and liberal administrations at most universities (I say that as a liberal) just as much as they are to the science. If we start seeing any type of progress in the current hotspots, it might be enough to get the media to back off the narrative, which is why we see the "If you want this, do this" messaging from most ADs.

I'm cautiously optimistic. To me, Bowlsby's comments seem to be laying the groundwork for a season that is played by ear - similar to what we're seeing with baseball. If it becomes apparent that they can't control the spread, they will call it. But Bowlsby seems to be saying "It's not going to be pretty, so get used to it" in his latest comments.
If there were AD surpluses everywhere I think it wouldn't be as much of an issue.
These depts really need football to go on.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
MLB is going to implode here soon.

Does anyone with half a brain think football is going to work?

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
If our stadium is only half filled, and revenue drops 50%, shouldn't our visitor payouts be reduced 50% ?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If our stadium is only half filled, and revenue drops 50%, shouldn't our visitor payouts be reduced 50% ?

Give Ball State all concession profits. It won’t amount to much with only 10k in the stands, if they even play at all.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Let’s not get to excited here folks. CFB discussions are on-going.

As for Ball State - David Letterman will look back at the Drake game to get fired up.