Ball state added to Schedule

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If this game is actually played, you can mark it down right now that it will be really close and come down to the last series likely.

That’s just how ISU is. UNI and Drake games both were like that and in all reality ISU should have lost both.... we were outplayed in both.

Yes we blew out ULM, but that’s a huge outlier.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
If this game is actually played, you can mark it down right now that it will be really close and come down to the last series likely.

That’s just how ISU is. UNI and Drake games both were like that and in all reality ISU should have lost both.... we were outplayed in both.

nah roll clones baby

Reactions: Sigmapolis

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

I honestly don't think so. If the conditions are fine, as in, we're not playing in a mud bowl, and we don't fumble 4-5 times, we're going to win by at least two scores.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

SJSU 16, UNI 17, Akron 17, Akron 18, Louisiana Monroe 19 weren’t close. ULM was an outlier scoring 70, but it wasn’t an outlier beating a non conference opponent easily.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Sounds like Ball State is an offensive team with bad defense. That's right in our wheel house. Now, if the scout on them was they like to go on 20 play drives and then play tough defense and make the other team make mistakes on offense, then you might be one to something

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
The outliers are the lower level schools from in state, vs out of state schools.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Sorry, you've already canceled the season. You don't get to bring the pessimism to the game discussion.

Reactions: Snydes and awd4cy

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

Good lord, someone get this guy some Prozac.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
I think the Big 12 needs to stay at 12 games with reduced attendance. It gives more national exposure, and more TV revenue compared to the reduced season schools. I work at a factory of 800 people. We have been open since the first reports of Corona. Only a handful of incidents. Safeguard your people and move on.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It'll be interesting to see what the SEC decides to do, especially after the ACC just said they're doing 10 conference games, plus 1 OOC game.

Bowlsby said the Big 12 has 4-5 different schedule formats they're currently looking at and will be deciding on next Monday.

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
Careful, you can get sh*t on around here for having hope.

Lm93KRM.gif

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015

I get the doubtfulness. Believe me, I do.

Yet, I am encouraged by the fact that
  1. This will not be the first game of the year
  2. The O Line, while young, is far more talented than the last few seasons
  3. Ball St's was 89th in rush yards/attempt last year and this year is slated to start a SO and RS FR on their D-line.
I think the Clones will win comfortably behind a big rushing day from Breece Hall.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Or are we growing as a program and will start to handily beat those we should? I have been surprised that this sorta thing has been more common in recent years.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
From Randy's article:

The most recent addition to Iowa State’s 12-game schedule for 2020 also includes the phrase Force Majeure, an escape clause if the game isn’t played due to “an event beyond the reasonable control of the party and incapable of being avoided by the party through the exercise of reasonable care that:

**Prevents the competition from being held on the scheduled date and time.
**Prevents travel to the competition site.
**Prevents a (team) from being able to field a sufficient number of players or position players to participate in the competition, or
**Endangers the health or safety of team members, facility employees, officials, or spectators at the competition or during travel to the competition.”​

I don't quite know if either conference cancelling non-con games would qualify as "an event beyond the reasonable control of the party . . .". Probably.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...xOmk6iY4dEXduMLZyifZ-5S8Yr3YewqgUdeIFBjpLvSoA