'22 Combo Guard Eli King Commits

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
It's so cringey to bring up a final four appearance that happened 20 years before the current athletes were born. If you think otherwise though, you and Dickie V will probably get along great!

It's relevant when people are bringing up the last two years were Iowa's best... That's short sighted thinking and a function of Hype. Lord people think Garza is the second coming of Larry Bird.

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
The Minnesotans making fun of ISU/Ames would be funny if this were a rarer belief. Ames isn’t Minneapolis, but it’s college town with the amenities a college town of 70,000 people has. Some people prefer that, including myself.

And then, of course, there’s the academic slights, which is belief you’ll find in Eastern Iowa as well. The only differences between ISU and Minnesota are that ISU’s mission doesn’t include med and law, and Iowa public colleges don’t send lower scoring local students to satellite campuses. And despite lacking all the money, research and prestige that comes with a med school, ISU is one of only a handful of non-med school universities in the AAU. We’re a very high research output university, and have to be to maintain our AAU status. On a pound for pound basis, I’m 99% certain we produce more research than UM and Iowa. The differences between ISU and Iowa are more structural, but the quality is again essentially the same. It’s unfortunate that ignorance might keep good students from considering ISU.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
The Minnesotans making fun of ISU/Ames would be funny if this were a rarer belief. Ames isn’t Minneapolis, but it’s college town with the amenities a college town of 70,000 people has. Some people prefer that, including myself.

And then, of course, there’s the academic slights, which is belief you’ll find in Eastern Iowa as well. The only differences between ISU and Minnesota are that ISU’s mission doesn’t include med and law, and Iowa public colleges don’t send lower scoring local students to satellite campuses. And despite lacking all the money, research and prestige that comes with a med school, ISU is one of only a handful of non-med school universities in the AAU. We’re a very high research output university, and have to be to maintain our AAU status. On a pound for pound basis, I’m 99% certain we produce more research than UM and Iowa. The differences between ISU and Iowa are more structural, but the quality is again essentially the same. It’s unfortunate that ignorance might keep good students from considering ISU.
They think because we’re an agricultural research school we’re just a bunch of dumb rednecks. I don’t know why they can’t get it through their dumb narcissistic elitist skull that they can’t do what we do and we can’t do what they do.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
They think because we’re an agricultural research school we’re just a bunch of dumb rednecks. I don’t know why they can’t get it through their dumb narcissistic elitist skull that they can’t do what we do and we can’t do what they do.
We have them beat. We can grow food.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
It looks like TWeber was trying to shed light on the situation at Gopherhole and bfriedrichs10 wasn't buying it. Reading through their forums, I think CF is pretty similar.

TWeber said:
I am saying Eli and Tamin are friends and teammates...they talk. Tamin sells Eli on Iowa State. Eli's brother played for the Iowa State coach at a previous stop.
bfriedrichs10
I will take your word that you know what you're talking about with them being friends and whatnot. My rebuttal is that if Eli is gonna go to ISU because of Tamin then they must be REALLY close. You can't convince me that a team that won 2 games last year has more to sell Eli than the Gophers do.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
It looks like TWeber was trying to shed light on the situation at Gopherhole and bfriedrichs10 wasn't buying it. Reading through their forums, I think CF is pretty similar.

bfriedrichs10
I will take your word that you know what you're talking about with them being friends and whatnot. My rebuttal is that if Eli is gonna go to ISU because of Tamin then they must be REALLY close. You can't convince me that a team that won 2 games last year has more to sell Eli than the Gophers do.
Sure we do. We have TJ.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
It's relevant when people are bringing up the last two years were Iowa's best... That's short sighted thinking and a function of Hype. Lord people think Garza is the second coming of Larry Bird.

Iowa's own fans think Garza is the best player to ever play in the STATE of iowa.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Which is dumb, considering they have a decent ag school as well. They've created some nice apples and hardy winegrape varieties.

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

So Minnesota and Iowa have Law and Medicine. How many of those ******** who tease ISU about academics are enrolled in the law or medicine programs?

Reactions: Kaner04

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
One of the more overrated "nat player of the year" winners in my memory. Big 10/East coast bias at it's finest.
I don't know, he was pretty dominate and efficient. #1 on barttorvik player ratings for the past 2 years. I hate Iowa as much as anyone, but he's definitely in the conversation for the best player to ever play college basketball in Iowa.