MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
The schedule is pretty easy the rest of the month. They need to just hang close to .500 by June when most of the injured players get back. If they can do that they will be OK. If they are 10 games back in June they might be in trouble.
Not a whole lot to cheer about thus far. One bright spot is that Martin is holding his own. Kirilloff and Larnach might be coming on as well.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
They have to be on pace for some kind of historic offensive ineptitude, no? Was just looking at the team batting averages and couldn’t believe what I saw…

• Agree
Reactions: cytor

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
They have to be on pace for some kind of historic offensive ineptitude, no? Was just looking at the team batting averages and couldn’t believe what I saw…
I heard a stat where through 17 games they were hitting.193 as a team. Only one American League team in history was worse than that, the 2003 Tigers who ended with 119 losses.

• Wow
Reactions: twincyties

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
Their overall approach at the plate is mind boggling to me. They have given Santana and Farmer so much rope.....1 month of complete failure. At least Wallner is out the picture. He went 0-6 w/ 4 K's in his last game with Saints.....

Last edited:

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Their overall approach at the plate is mind boggling to me. They have given Santana and Farmer so much rope.....1 month of complete failure. At least Wallner is out the picture. He went 0-6 w/ 4 K's in his game with Saints.....
This is nothing new, plate approach has sucked for the last couple years for the team in general.

I think Wallner is just destined to never be more than a mistake hitter at best, and probably always needs to have high on base guys ahead of him and a masher behind him. If a pitcher has a little leeway to throw a few pitches outside the zone or breaking balls when behind in the count, Wallner is pretty hopeless.

Reactions: somecyguy

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I heard a stat where through 17 games they were hitting.193 as a team. Only one American League team in history was worse than that, the 2003 Tigers who ended with 119 losses.
I saw that, too. Depressing

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Can we go a little bipolar today and talk about the optimistic view versus pessimistic view of this team.

Pessimistic: We have more hitters below the Mendoza Line than we have above the Mendoza Line.
Optimistic: If Joe Ryan could cut down on the HRs, he'd be the #1 pitcher in the league by far.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron