Food in QC

ccruzen

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 19, 2009
Urbandale
I'm going to be in the Quad Cities for meetings all next week and looking for any ideas of things to do/places to eat for breakfast and in the evenings. I've been a few times but figured some of you would have better recommendations.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Armored Gardens downtown Davenport has decent burgers and sandwiches with a great tap list.

For Mexican food I always hit up Abarrotes Carrillo. It’s a small restaurant/grocery downtown that’s good and cheap.

Portillos for the Italian beef.

• Friendly
Reactions: ccruzen

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Harris Pizza in the Quad Cities is good. Unique "quad city style" Pizza. Cut into strips instead of triangles

I
No dine in anymore at least at the Davenport location. And their prices are sky high. The taco pizza is still good but I'd rather just have Happy Joes at this point and I wouldn't have to eat it in my damn car.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Happy Joes
Harris Pizza
There's a Portillo's in Davenport now
Hungy Hobo is a local sub shop
Armored Gardens
Filling Station
Grinder's & Spaghetti House - The Gondi is so good
Front Street Brewery

I've never eaten at Barrel House but they're spreading out over eastern IA and know people that say its great

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Armored Gardens downtown Davenport has decent burgers and sandwiches with a great tap list.

For Mexican food I always hit up Abarrotes Carrillo. It’s a small restaurant/grocery downtown that’s good and cheap.

Portillos for the Italian beef.
Portillo's is a Chicago tradition, so wait until we beat Illinois to enjoy that one (it is good). That is up on 53rd.
The Filling Station, just south of North Park Mall is a nice little neighborhood joint.
If you want expensive, go to Bass Street or Johnny's Italian in downtown Moline (good food but pricey).

edit: if you want great cheesy bread at a bar, go to Bad Boyz Pizza/Bar in downtown Moline

• Friendly

Frog

May 6, 2021
Don't cross the river much and most of my places are outside of Davenport or Bettendorf, but for breakfast go to Jimmy's Pancake House in Bettendorf at least once as well. Wont regret it.

• Friendly

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
The last couple times I've been through I've stopped at Steel Plow Burger Company in Davenport. It looks like there is a location in Moline too. I've had great food there.

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: arobb and ccruzen

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Happy Joes
Harris Pizza
Armored Gardens
Filling Station
Front Street Brewery

I've never eaten at Barrel House but they're spreading out over eastern IA and know people that say its great

I used to go to the Hungry Hobo in Iowa City all the time. One day they just changed their name and logo but had the exact same menu. I always wondered how that worked...

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I used to go to the Hungry Hobo in Iowa City all the time. One day they just changed their name and logo but had the exact same menu. I always wondered how that worked...
There's a Hungry Boyz in on 100th in Urbandale that uses the same French bread and still has all the interior decor of Hungry Hobo. I went in once and while ordering asked if it was connected and the guy in the back chuckled and didn't answer, lol

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
The last couple times I've been through I've stopped at Steel Plow Burger Company in Davenport. It looks like there is a location in Moline too. I've had great food there.
It's OK, but overplayed. I heard it is beginning to struggle, which could be as the newness/novelty wore off.

mfelske

Mar 20, 2006
Wisconsin
Happy Joes
Harris Pizza
Armored Gardens
Filling Station
Front Street Brewery

I second Grinders, Harris and Front Street. Machine Shed is always good, too.

• Friendly

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron