Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
From what I saw on Twi.., er X, is she actually said "Get the F$#& up!", which apparently is better. Didn't seem to be in a "LFG" happy way, she seemed literally pissed at the crowd.. for not cheering/standing enough, I guess.

But all is well, cause she signed some autographs after the game.

I thought about getting some insurance too. It's good for the state.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So do you think all those arenas that normally draw less than 5,000 fans for WBB games but draw 17,000+ fans when CC comes to town are filled with parents who want their kids to see how not to conduct yourself on the court? Or are there just that many sh*tty parents around the country willingly exposing their kids to a horrible role model?

Can't it be both? I'm by no means a Clark hater but I'm over the on court theatrics.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
That he also has an instances as well when he screams profanities at officials and it’s a little hypocritical for us as a fanbase to go on and on and on and on about her behavior. Almost 300 pages worth.

Just pointed out earlier a couple of example of him going bananas and that it doesn’t bother us when he does it but if it’s CC she is a detriment to society and young children.

Nothing more nothing less

Now do Bluder's frumpy a$$... monkey see monkey do.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
For someone who's "changing the game", it seems weird to me that she never won a state championship in high school or a national championship in college.

She can't help the fact that the rest of her roster is not very good. Bluder did a terrible job building around Clark.

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
The other night it looked like there's coaches who have been assigned to babysit Clark when she goes on her tirades at a time out.
I still think one of the Iowa men's assistant coaches only job is to keep mad Fran from going after the officials.

Reactions: VeloClone

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
For someone who's "changing the game", it seems weird to me that she never won a state championship in high school or a national championship in college.
Or an actual conference championship, jus the conference tournament ….. far, far from great player status

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
WHO tv just had a promo on, a half hour special tonight on CC at 6:30. It's called Caitlin Clark effect, Changing the game. I'm ticked, no Wheel of Fortune tonight.
That's a waste of 30 minutes. I would be mad, too.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
She can't help the fact that the rest of her roster is not very good. Bluder did a terrible job building around Clark.
I think Martin and Affolter are decent role players. Stuelke is obviously a piece they will be able to build around the next 2 years. Idk. Beyond that, not very deep. And Martin/Affolter aren't going to put the team on their backs any given night. I agree for the most part. I've never understood the hype around Marshall really either, she doesn't do a lot in the box score, but I guess she is probably their best defender.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This thread reminds me that most of you will forever perpetuate the "little brother" stereotype about our fanbase.
Interesting take. I'm not sure I agree. All I see is complete vitriol for our rival. Very common in the sports world, and quite frankly should surprise no one. Caitlin Clark and her abilities aside, asking Iowa State fans to be in adoration and admiration of her would be like asking a Vikings or Bears fan to root for Aaron Rodgers in his prime. Give me a break.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron