Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I always lol when people say she changed the game of basketball, Georges included. I have not met a single person who can coherently and logically explain how.
I think most of it is her shooting range. Before Clark, I can’t think of a single womens player that ever shot from that range effectively. Some of that is also because of Curry.

Also, how much interest she draws from even casual sports fans. She is a household name across the country. Check out the tournament ratings so far.

• Puke
Reactions: WartburgClone

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I think most of it is her shooting range. Before Clark, I can’t think of a single womens player that ever shot from that range effectively. Some of that is also because of Curry.

Also, how much interest she draws from even casual sports fans. She is a household name across the country. Check out the tournament ratings so far.

It is because of men players. It’s asinine to think otherwise. Steph started the trend and it has grown from there.

If the ratings continue to climb next year, I will agree she was the catalyst for that. Right now, it’s an aberration.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I want to thank you @Cyhig. You’ve been consistent in how you feel about her play vs. attitude and you always respond in a mature way even if you have a different opinion than someone else. It’s refreshing to have an actual dialogue with someone you may disagree. I’m glad you at least explain your perspective rather just give the “dumb” button.

Credit to you.
I just wish someone could articulate why my viewpoint may be misguided. I think we all can agree CC has greatly increased the exposure of women’s basketball, and I think we all can agree that’s a great thing. But that doesn’t give her immunity to her on court theatrics

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

Some of it? Come on man... Steph Curry and Klay Thompson were doing the ridiculous range and 3's for a full decade in the NBA before Clark even set foot on campus.

I get you are trolling but don't be stupid.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm just glad the country is finally waking up at least a little bit as to who CC really is. It's been happening this whole year, and before that... but it's gotten bad enough that it's finally starting to get some coverage.

As for CMC.. does everyone think it's okay for players to act like their coaches? If so, then it must be okay for Iowa MBB's players to throw chairs and laptops on the courtside table? Or for Iowa football players to say racist things to others?

And CMC reacts that way maybe once a year, or every other year? CC is doing quite a bit of stuff every single game.

• Haha
Reactions: dafarmer and Gonzo

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I'm just glad the country is finally waking up at least a little bit as to who CC really is. It's been happening this whole year, and before that... but it's gotten bad enough that it's finally starting to get some coverage.

As for CMC.. does everyone think it's okay for players to act like their coaches? If so, then it must be okay for Iowa MBB's players to throw chairs and laptops on the courtside table? Or for Iowa football players to say racist things to others?

And CMC reacts that way maybe once a year, or every other year? CC is doing quite a bit of stuff every single game.
I must be misinterpreting the second paragraph? What does CMC have to do with the Iowa men’s program?

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
What does he have to do with the Iowa women's program?
That he also has an instances as well when he screams profanities at officials and it’s a little hypocritical for us as a fanbase to go on and on and on and on about her behavior. Almost 300 pages worth.

Just pointed out earlier a couple of example of him going bananas and that it doesn’t bother us when he does it but if it’s CC she is a detriment to society and young children.

Nothing more nothing less

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That he also has an instances as well when he screams profanities at officials and it’s a little hypocritical for us as a fanbase to go on and on and on and on about her behavior. Almost 300 pages worth.

Just pointed out earlier a couple of example of him going bananas and that it doesn’t bother us when he does it but if it’s CC she is a detriment to society and young children.

The hypocrisy would be if ISU had a player doing the same things.

Since he's a coach and behaviors like that are not unusual for coaches, even if it's not seen as being OK, it is a different situation all together.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

Attachments

• IMG_1373.jpeg
    IMG_1373.jpeg
    474 KB · Views: 54

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
CC is like Trey Young to me, high volume shooter good at making ill-advised shot, but terrible teammate. CC is additionally a very poor sport. I see an early exit for Iowa now that they leave Iowa City. I also don't see CC being all that good at the next level, but maybe they don't guard much there either, IDK. Her dad trying to correct her actually made me like her more. It indicates there may be a chance she changes as appears she may have some positive family guidance.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Is CMC the face of college football?

Reactions: Tailg8er

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Threatening a ref, vandalizing property are just every day things for Hawkeyes. It’s bad when daddy makes you be on the field so he can keep an eye on you.
7a2.gif

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Threatening a ref, vandalizing property are just every day things for Hawkeyes. It’s bad when daddy makes you be on the field so he can keep an eye on you.
What the hell did she vandalize? Lol

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
The hypocrisy would be if ISU had a player doing the same things.

Since he's a coach and behaviors like that are not unusual for coaches, even if it's not seen as being OK, it is a different situation all together.
So you have to be a coach not a player and it’s fine. Got it now we know the rules.
Is CMC the face of college football?
Wait now you have to be the face of the sport. Which one is it, fellas.

• Dumb
Reactions: WartburgClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron