Twister Sister Summary - Season closes in epic fashion

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Do you remember when the Stanford coach contacted our player on the floor? I didn’t see that and want to watch it but not the whole game.
I don't have video but it was at 3:41 of OT. Stanford made a basket and got an and one to go ahead. Coach runs 10-12' onto the court to congrat and talk to her player. I didn't see contact with any ISU player but should have been T'd up for sure.

1711415724146.png

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I'd like to see the play (late regulation or in OT) that the ball went out of bounds off Ryan in front of our bench. Pretty sure she got hacked.

Reactions: MJ29

Jimbo ISU

Mar 7, 2024
What a season Emily had this year. 51.2% on twos, 43.5% on threes, and 88.5% FTs (55.9% effective FG%). She averaged 6.9 assists per game despite only playing 29.5 minutes while recovering from a major injury. 9.3 assists per 40 minutes (previous best was 7.8).

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
Audi is going to get calls some nights and she will be almost unstoppable. Other nights, the refs are going to swallow their whistle due to her size. Last night I thought the Stanford girls were often less than vertical with their arms while defending Audi and could have been called for a lot more fouls, but that is not how the refs viewed things. As Audi develops I am sure she will find ways to overcome that situation. If we can keep these girls together and they continue to grow, watch out.
100%. Audi is the type of player who learns from her experiences. And she doesn't get bratty when things don't go her way. She had an amazing year and ran into the twin towers, both All Americans, both McDonald All Americans out of high school, amd both upper classmen, who were literally draped over her all night. And to her credit, she got Brinks to foul out long before she did.

Like everyone else here, I am so proud of these ladies, partly because of their play on the court, but also because of the way they handle themselves.

I assume someone else has already said this, but if that game was played on a neutral court, we win. Period.

Jimbo ISU

Mar 7, 2024
Did you know that the Cyclones made 38.3% from three, 5th best in Division 1? We had six players just shoot great as shown below. I'm very happy that Hannah was able to have such a great last season. She was an assassin in big moments. I hope everybody else comes back next season and I can't wait to watch.
%Makes
Emily43.5%27
AJ41.3%38
Hannah38.9%74
Addy38.8%52
Kelsey38.8%40
Jalynn37.9%22

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
The Iriafen gal had a great game, but I really became her fan when she was interviewed after the game. Iriafen was very humble and when asked about Audi said she was "A friendly giant and such a sweet gal." Truely great evaluation of Audi and the player that we have all come to know and appreciate.

Also, after watchun last night's game and the sham in Iowa City tonight, it is time for the women's tournament to end the home cooking for the top sixteen teams. I say this knowing that Iowa State could very well earn home games the next few seasons.

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
I have to add also, that I am a big fan of Jalynn Bristow and her athleticism.

Jalynn, appears to me to be a bit like a young foal, still finding her footing. At times she appears a bit awkward only because she is still growing into her size and frame. By that I mean that she can get bumped around and off of her spots at times, mostly because she has great length and heighth that has not yet been balanced out with the strength and body balance she often needs at this level. It will come.

I believe Jalynn absolutely hasthroughbred potential one day. She has versatile length (much like Nyamer Diew gave us) that also includes Tristen Scott-like talent from the outside. Watch out for her going forward.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I have to add also, that I am a big fan of Jalynn Bristow and her athleticism.

Jalynn, appears to me to be a bit like a young foal, still finding her footing. At times she appears a bit awkward only because she is still growing into her size and frame. By that I mean that she can get bumped around and off of her spots at times, mostly because she has great length and heighth that has not yet been balanced out with the strength and body balance she often needs at this level. It will come.

I believe Jalynn absolutely hasthroughbred potential one day. She has versatile length (much like Nyamer Diew gave us) that also includes Tristen Scott-like talent from the outside. Watch out for her going forward.

I hope we can keep our freshmen intact. I remember watching Kylie Feuerbach and had high hopes for her but noted that she never seemed to get "integrated' in plays.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I disagree. The first quarter she wasn't getting close enough to the basket and not taking her shots; but after that she was in good spots. There were very few clean blocks by Stanford, maybe 2-3. Most of the 'stuffs' by Stanford were from their arms coming down (not straight up) making a lot of contact with Audi's arms. Brinks last foul was similar to how she was 'stuffing' Audi all night. Audi was 3-21 (14%) in this game but is 58% for the year. She was hacked all night long. Audi will learn and be able find a way to score in this type of defense/officiating.
I guess I assumed that the women have a cylinder rule but maybe they don’t cause those Stanford bigs did not keep their arms vertical.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I don't have video but it was at 3:41 of OT. Stanford made a basket and got an and one to go ahead. Coach runs 10-12' onto the court to congrat and talk to her player. I didn't see contact with any ISU player but should have been T'd up for sure.

View attachment 126360
This is HOF coach getting away with things. One would think any of her 7 assistant coaches could have held her back.

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I expect Audi to add all sorts of things to her game during the off-season. For instance, I would like to see her become better at drawing double-teams, then firing passes to the open 3-point shooters. If they sag off, she dominates single coverage. If they double, we get 3's. Pick your poison.

That is kind of what happened this weekend, but on different nights. Audi down low on Friday. Emily shooting 3's on Sunday. Can you imagine how much each one could enhance the other on the same night?
Agree but it starts with losing some weight. Currently she only rebounds the ones she's suppose to and help D is non existent. Drop 25# and her agility goes through the ceiling.

@peatyscotch sorry I offended you mom.

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: peatyscotch

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron