Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
I haven't either. Maybe if WV is going to pull this one out, I'll turn it on right at the end....
She sounds similar to that Brinks girl last night from Stanford. She got annoying really quickly.

I’m not too annoyed this time, but I can’t believe how good my kids are at hiding the remote. Table, back of the couch, by the TV, end table…I’d take any of that. Seems like it’s usually jammed down in by the cushions or in some random spot I wouldn’t think to look.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
Anyone that thinks the NCAA is going to allow Iowa to get beat is crazy. The refs will do whatever they can to help Clark get ratings and grow the sport. I just saw the score and I am guessing without looking that West Virginia has way more fouls by a wide margin
You would never believe it but you're right!

Reactions: Drew0311

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
WVU had plenty of chances. They basically didn’t let Iowa score in the second quarter but failed to score themselves. In a game like this in Iowa City, you have to figure you need to win by around 10 to actually win by 1. Fouls will not go your way and there will be a crazy free throw disparity.

Reactions: caulkasian

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
I like seeing Iowa teams win in general, but as I watched this game I really noticed how biased the officiating was in this game. Not sure why I thought the officiating WOULDN'T be biased, but I was surprised how bad it was. Makes me NOT want to root for Iowa. Clarke being an egomaniac doesn't help either.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Anyone that thinks the NCAA is going to allow Iowa to get beat is crazy. The refs will do whatever they can to help Clark get ratings and grow the sport. I just saw the score and I am guessing without looking that West Virginia has way more fouls by a wide margin
Define wide margin. Is 27 to 11 in fouls and 5 to 30 free throw attempts a wide margin? I would say YES.

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
30 FT for Iowa; just 5 for WVU, but some of those were intentional by WVU at the end of the game

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Damn it. Nice try WVU. Hopefully their next opponent gets them.
What do Iowa fans think of this game? OMG, I had never seen bigger discrepancies in fouls and FT. We have to watch Caitlin Clark’s face for at least 1 more week.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Here's the real question if you woke up tomorrow and Bill was coaching Iowa and Bluder the Clones who would you root for?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron