Ted Lasso

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I've been reading so many bad reviews.

Watched the show and they absolutely killed it. Of course there are things I would do differently. Rebecca's final scene being top of the list, but overall the tone of the show was amazing.

This little easter egg made me smile too.

mae-geronimo.jpg

Reactions: clonehenge

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I thought it wrapped up nicely. Really great show overall

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Real good ending! A couple of the story lines drug a bit at the beginning of the season, but the latter half was excellent and they stuck the (appropriately happy) ending.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Ted Lasso has been my favorite show on tv since it premiered. I'm sad it's over but I don't know what story there was left to tell. I really don't understand all the bad reviews it's been getting. Sometimes it's ok to have a show that makes you laugh a little and feel good about yourself.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Ted Lasso has been my favorite show on tv since it premiered. I'm sad it's over but I don't know what story there was left to tell. I really don't understand all the bad reviews it's been getting. Sometimes it's ok to have a show that makes you laugh a little and feel good about yourself.
I agree. I was curious what the general feel was and I read one bad review and I just don't even understand what the person was wanting. People love to nitpick especially once a show gets popular.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I agree. I was curious what the general feel was and I read one bad review and I just don't even understand what the person was wanting. People love to nitpick especially once a show gets popular.

I thought the first two seasons were great. Third season got a little to woke and preachy at times. I still wish they would have did a better job of the wonder boy's redemption. They just decided he was going to be good again. It didn't really make much sense. Other than that, it was a good show. Wonder if the show will reboot in the future with different coaches and so on.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I really liked the ending and I loved the show for what it was. I can also understand the critics. There were several plot threads that got undercut. And a lot of the key events seemed to happen outside of the show, which was kind of annoying. For some reason the Nate plot line really bugged me. Him going from villain, to quitting, to being accepted back on the team in the course of like one episode was not done well.

If you were looking for Breaking Bad type storytelling, it probably wasn't for you. But if you were looking for something uplifting and funny, it was a great show.

I'd have to imagine some kind of spinoff is coming. I look at Sudeakis as kind of like Steve Carrell on the Office-- he made so many careers off of this and now he's willing to step aside.

Reactions: mramseyISU

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I really liked the ending and I loved the show for what it was. I can also understand the critics. There were several plot threads that got undercut. And a lot of the key events seemed to happen outside of the show, which was kind of annoying. For some reason the Nate plot line really bugged me. Him going from villain, to quitting, to being accepted back on the team in the course of like one episode was not done well.

If you were looking for Breaking Bad type storytelling, it probably wasn't for you. But if you were looking for something uplifting and funny, it was a great show.

I'd have to imagine some kind of spinoff is coming. I look at Sudeakis as kind of like Steve Carrell on the Office-- he made so many careers off of this and now he's willing to step aside.
I thought the show lost its way a bit early and mid season, but the finish was just heart warming. Critics are idiots.

When the team sang him the 'so long, farewell' thing after practice and the went nuts when Ted said it was perfect, I just died, it so perfectly encapsulated the spirit and message of the show.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I thought the first two seasons were great. Third season got a little too woke and preachy at times. I still wish they would have did a better job of the wonder boy's redemption. They just decided he was going to be good again. It didn't really make much sense. Other than that, it was a good show. Wonder if the show will reboot in the future with different coaches and so on.
Translation - you were offended by gay characters. Don’t be such a weak, whiny snowflake. Welcome to the real world. You’ll have to toughen up and get over this if you ever leave the safety of your moms basement.

Agree that the entire Nate storyline didn’t make sense.

A reboot with different coaches would be really stupid in my opinion.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Translation - you were offended by gay characters. Don’t be such a weak, whiny snowflake. Welcome to the real world. You’ll have to toughen up and get over this if you ever leave the safety of your moms basement.

I haven't watched the final season yet, but basically everybody I know stopped watching after an episode or two and it's not because they are homophobic. I'll watch it now that I heard the ending is good but it's hardly some MAGA wing that is controlling the narrative here, those people weren't watching it in the first place.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I haven't watched the final season yet, but basically everybody I know stopped watching after an episode or two and it's not because they are homophobic. I'll watch it now that I heard the ending is good but it's hardly some MAGA wing that is controlling the narrative here, those people weren't watching it in the first place.
Everybody you know are idiots. I don't know a single person that wasn't clamoring for more after the first couple episodes.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I thought the first two seasons were great. Third season got a little to woke and preachy at times. I still wish they would have did a better job of the wonder boy's redemption. They just decided he was going to be good again. It didn't really make much sense. Other than that, it was a good show. Wonder if the show will reboot in the future with different coaches and so on.

I haven't watched.

What was woke about it?

Like King of Queens woke about work place racial discrimination or 90's Roseanne woke with a gay character or the telling of the realities OG Thanksgiving era in a school play?

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Everyone you know must be a selective group of morons.

Reactions: keepngoal

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

It had nothing to do with the gay characters. So no.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Thought the last season was significantly worse than the first two. Still loved the show overall though.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Everybody you know are idiots. I don't know a single person that wasn't clamoring for more after the first couple episodes.

My back door neighbors are probably the most woke people I've ever met, were the first people to tell me about Ted Lasso, and was struggling to put into words how disappointed they were with the start of the season. I haven't talked to them in a few weeks so it sounds like they should be happy with how it ends.

My point is there are big fans of the show who really struggled to get into the season and it's not because they are dumb or homophobic. Blaming it on just that is a knee jerk reaction that is completely unfair.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
My back door neighbors are probably the most woke people I've ever met, were the first people to tell me about Ted Lasso, and was struggling to put into words how disappointed they were with the start of the season. I haven't talked to them in a few weeks so it sounds like they should be happy with how it ends.

My point is there are big fans of the show who really struggled to get into the season and it's not because they are dumb or homophobic. Blaming it on just that is a knee jerk reaction that is completely unfair.

Season 1 - GREAT!
Season 2 - ummm

Season 3 - First half - I'm cool with this show wrapping up.

Season 3 - Second half - GREAT

Series ender - OUTSTANDING!

Now I want a spinoff

Status
Not open for further replies.