And so it begins…Apple to broadcast MLB

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I am not thrilled by this news at all! The regional channels can't broadcast the "Apple TV+ game of the week" so if I want to watch that particular game...I will have to pay MORE than I already do to watch my favorite team. Yeah...that is a good way to "build" the game! UGH...Manfred sucks! I already pay for a TV package with my team's regional channel in the lineup, pay for ESPN in this TV package so if they are on a Sunday night telecast I can watch it...and now I may have to add a 3rd pay TV package? Nah...I know it won't be the same teams every week but the point stands. Also...the MLB TV package that literally blacks out all of the midwest teams in Iowa needs to be fixed before they go and break something else tv-wise! I love baseball...but I often wonder why that is!

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29 and matclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
2 games every Friday night right?
It feels like it could read either way. If it's every Friday night two games, that sucks. But if it is not subject to blackouts it would work better for me than the cluster going on now.

Apple announces deal with MLB, will air games on Friday nights​

Apple said that it will air two exclusive Major League Baseball games on Friday nights, marking Apple’s first entry into live sports.
Apple said it will air live pregame and postgame shows, and it will be free from local broadcast restrictions, and won’t require an Apple TV+ subscription for now.
It will air in United States, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Japan, Mexico, Puerto Rico, South Korea, and the United Kingdom, Apple said.
But, it comes a week after MLB canceled opening day due to the ongoing lockout.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
NOT requiring an Apple subscription is interesting...I am OK with that for the moment! However, I thought I saw that Apple will have exclusive rights to those games...which would mean no local regional channels.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I welcome this as a Cubs fan. No one carries the Marquee Network. Maybe I'll get to see more than one game a month if baseball ever starts again.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
ALLRIGHTY FOLKS!! Here is our 100MM/year/school media contract for the big XII. SUCK IT BIG TEN AND SEC, ALSO TEXAS AND OU!!!!!

Reactions: amishclone

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
NOT requiring an Apple subscription is interesting...I am OK with that for the moment! However, I thought I saw that Apple will have exclusive rights to those games...which would mean no local regional channels.
which means it will still be blacked out cause MLB.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
I welcome this as a Cubs fan. No one carries the Marquee Network. Maybe I'll get to see more than one game a month if baseball ever starts again.

Multiple outlets carry the Marquee Network. What are you talking about?