The Fran fade

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
In a normal year Washington and Oregon would have played and Oregon gives Washington their second loss so Oregon would have played in the CCG in a normal year.
It wasn't a normal year and they didn't play.....hence the asterisk. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. You can deal in hypotheticals all you want.

• Sad
Reactions: jcisuclones

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It wasn't a normal year and they didn't play.....hence the asterisk. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. You can deal in hypotheticals all you want.
You were the one who brought up “in a normal year” so that is why I responded back with that. If you don’t want to venture down that direction, don’t bring it up.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Let's say Alabama was unable to play in the playoff this year because of Covid. Texas A&M replaces them and then goes on to win it. Is Texas A&M the rightful champion or do you put an asterisk next to it because Alabama was unable to play?
Well that's a horrible comparison because Washington cancelled the regular season game vs Oregon

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
What's that have to do with ISU's asterisk season?

I don't know personally if he is racist or not. He's been accused by some African American player's of being racist. He's also had some players come out in support of him. I've said before, that once an accusation like that is made, it doesn't go away so it was best for all parties involved to have him walk away.
What does you discussing Oregon football have to do with Fran?

Do you think Chris Doyle is a racist?

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
To be fair he did he say Doyle and Kirk were racists and both should have been removed
I didn't say that. I said that once that accusation is made, it's very difficult to move past it. Whether they are or are not, I'm not in a position to say for sure.

• Sad
Reactions: jcisuclones

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
By this logic ISU fans must be super pissed about Iowa's perfect regular season and RSCC in 2015. I mean you guys still cheer for the Stanford Cyclones and talk about that game to this day.

LOLOLOL! You mean the team that earned the FAKE ID of college football nickname because your schedule was so bad (as usual) that the first team you played with an actual athlete ran all over you? No.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
LOLOLOL! You mean the team that earned the FAKE ID of college football nickname because your schedule was so bad (as usual) that the first team you played with an actual athlete ran all over you? No.

LOL, Cowherd doesn't ever get anything right, but go ahead and champion his opinion if you want. On the other hand I quoted several journalist that said ISU didn't deserve the Fiesta Bowl than any that ever said Iowa didn't deserve the Rose Bowl.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
On the other hand I quoted several journalist that said ISU didn't deserve the Fiesta Bowl than any that ever said Iowa didn't deserve the Rose Bowl.
No you didn't lol. You quoted Big Ten journalists who said Indiana should have been in over Florida and Iowa State which is laughable

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
LOL, Cowherd doesn't ever get anything right, but go ahead and champion his opinion if you want. On the other hand I quoted several journalist that said ISU didn't deserve the Fiesta Bowl than any that ever said Iowa didn't deserve the Rose Bowl.
Im ok with a bunch of hacks hating and ISU winning by 17, sign me up for that **** every year.